Best time to arrive to board ship?

We set sail on enchantment of the seas in December. We are flying in the night before and are staying at a hotel that provides shuttle service to the port since we won't have a vehicle. I have a toddler so a taxi isn't really an option since we would need a car seat. I called the hotel today to see if I needed to reserve shuttle space. The lady informed me the shuttle goes to the port based on each ship and enchantment shuttle leaves at 11:30am. I thought we would've left by 10-10:30am and would've been on the ship by 11:30am. Do you think this is "late" to arrive and will it be crazy busy to board the ship? I'm not sure what the peak hours are to arrive at the port.

We prefer to take a taxi when we are ready but I understand that is not an option for you. We like to arrive at the port around 11:00am, as it get's really crowded around noon. A hotel shuttle scheduled to depart at 11:30 is not ideal (IMHO) and I bet you it will not really depart at 11:30! See if the hotel will schedule an earlier departure.

We prefer to take a taxi when we are ready but I understand that is not an option for you. We like to arrive at the port around 11:00am, as it get's really crowded around noon. A hotel shuttle scheduled to depart at 11:30 is not ideal (IMHO) and I bet you it will not really depart at 11:30! See if the hotel will schedule an earlier departure.

Thanks for replying. I wonder if they will let us go earlier or if I can get a taxi with a car seat.

Might not be crazy busy at 11:30-12, but in my opinion a bit late.

I like to get there more in the 10-11 range and be on the ship before lunch. Hey, that's Day 1 of your cruise, I want to spend it on the ship!

Thanks for replying! We are on a short cruise so each day really counts lol! I didn't realize they let people on early. Do you know what time they begin letting people board? I hate to arrive at a busy time with an impatient toddler!

When we were in Key West Florida for a Vacation, our daughter and then 1 year old grandson flew in to see us. We called the taxi company and we were able to arrange for a taxi equipped with a car seat to pick them up. We have also used private car companies, many of which were limo companies which had private cars also that they would equip with car seats for us when needed. Just an option if you want to board early!!!

You won't be late, you'll be on time to wait in a big line; but it seems to me if you're playing the hand the hotel is dealing, that shuttle is The Option. Period.

I've become ever more of a fan of avoiding the race to be on the ship first. By 2:00pm or so, the line will have moved on and there will be no long wait to try your youngster's patience. ...and you can bet the ship's not going to leave early.

Now is the time to start checking on that late checkout with the hotel, and seeing if you can arrange a ride with a taxi or car service that can do a pickup with a car seat. We found a great car company in Hawaii that took care of the airport-to-hotel and hotel-to-port rides for little more than a taxi. Google is your friend. Procrastination your enemy.

Have a great trip.

Thank you. I will look into it. Our hotel isn't in Orlando but I will see what he offers.

It seems people tend to arrive at different times, but I see a few mentioning noon to be a peak boarding time. Hopefully I can just get a private transfer and arrive quickly bit earlier to avoid the headache. Thanks everyone for the feedback and information!