Radisson Diamond ?

sail7seas

Anyone know what happened to Radisson Diamond, the catamaran style cruise ship? Is she still sailing? If so, for which cruise line and what is the name of the ship now? Thanks if you can help.

I'm not sure this is the right forum to ask but didn't know where else seeing I don't think Radisson still exists.

Edited by sail7seas

Anyone know what happened to Radisson Diamond, the catamaran style cruise ship? Is she still sailing? If so, for which cruise line and what is the name of the ship now? Thanks if you can help.

I'm not sure this is the right forum to ask but didn't know where else seeing I don't think Radisson still exists.

Radisson is now Regent so you might get some more information there.

We sailed the Radisson Diamond around the boot of Italy (a win from Bud Light) in June of 2005. That was her next to last cruise because the Chinese company who owned her did not renew the lease because they planned to use her as a gambling ship in China. That was the last we heard of the ship.

My husband and I loved that Catamaran ship. It was a smaller ship since it was a catamaran, only about 350 passengers. Because it was not owned by a US company it could have an open bridge policy so passengers were always welcome in the bridge. My husband, who has an old 'ocean operator' license from CA spent lots of happy hours on the bridge chatting with the captain or crew when they were not entering or leaving ports.

Being a catamaran was really unique since the tenders could go UNDER the ship. :) That was a unique experience.

We have many happy memories of the Diamond and are glad we were fortunate enough to cruise on her.

Edited by NMLady