Flying out of Tampa after disembarking

Poohb

Our ship is tentatively scheduled to arrive in port at 6 AM. How far is the Tampa airport? Barring complications, what is a 'safe' time to schedule a flight out? Thank you to my knowledgeable CC folks.

Our ship is tentatively scheduled to arrive in port at 6 AM. How far is the Tampa airport? Barring complications, what is a 'safe' time to schedule a flight out? Thank you to my knowledgeable CC folks.

You can probably take an earlier flight, but I'd be very comfortable with a noon flight.

I've made and 11:30 am flight out of Tampa but with that said we did the self-assist debarkation plus the weather was picture perfect for the ship to enter the channel under the Skyway Bridge. We were at the airport and sipping coffee by 9:30.

I would not however book a flight before 11:30 - noon. It's just the luck of the draw as to what will happen with the weather and/or fog situation.

Tampa Airport is about a 15 minute Taxi ride from the port. There is a flat rate of $25 for up to 4 passengers.

• 3 weeks later...

Our itinerary shows an 8am arrival into Tampa. We cruise end of January. I'm looking at a 11:40am flight OR a 6:55pm flight. I'd prefer the earlier. We can self-assist off. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our itinerary shows an 8am arrival into Tampa. We cruise end of January. I'm looking at a 11:40am flight OR a 6:55pm flight. I'd prefer the earlier. We can self-assist off. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

11:40 will normally be safe -- the TPA airport is only a 15 minute, $25 cab ride from the port and the TSA lines are not as bad as MCO or MIA. That said, Jan & Feb are the worst months in Tampa for fog, which could delay the ship's arrival by hours. I would still roll the dice and book the 11:40 flight, but there is a chance you could get stuck.

Good luck! :)