Suggestions for Excursion in San Juan with Children

Lessum

We will be in San Juan the week of Thanksgiving from 7-330pm. Ideas of what to do with children ages 5 and 8? I really wanted to go zip lining but not sure I can find a company that will take my kids...

Thanks!

Check out Tours with Ellis. He is on Facebook and also on Craigslist. He took us to the rainforest, showed us the sights then took us to a swimming hole. It was a short hike, he handed us a loaf of bread and towels. We swam with the fish in the rainforest and they are so tame they eat out of your hand. When we were done there, he took us to the food kiosks and we experienced some local food. He took us to the cruise ship terminal at the end of the day. This was one of the highlights of our trip. If this is not something you are interested in, he offers several different tours. I highly recommend him. My daughter and I are going back to PR in January for a week and have another tour booked with him.

Tell him Terri Martin sent you :)

• 1 month later...
Check out Tours with Ellis. He is on Facebook and also on Craigslist. He took us to the rainforest, showed us the sights then took us to a swimming hole. It was a short hike, he handed us a loaf of bread and towels. We swam with the fish in the rainforest and they are so tame they eat out of your hand. When we were done there, he took us to the food kiosks and we experienced some local food. He took us to the cruise ship terminal at the end of the day. This was one of the highlights of our trip. If this is not something you are interested in, he offers several different tours. I highly recommend him. My daughter and I are going back to PR in January for a week and have another tour booked with him.

Does anyone know where this trail to the swimming hole is? We would like to swim there.

My 6 year old enjoyed walking around El Morro, but had even MORE fun flying a kite on its lawns! I packed one in our suitcase. We also had some shaved ice from a local vendor, followed by a snack at a local restaurant. No special tour needed. :D

I have been looking at his page but have been hesitant because there are no prices listed.

Where can you find the prices? TIA

My 6 year old enjoyed walking around El Morro, but had even MORE fun flying a kite on its lawns! I packed one in our suitcase. We also had some shaved ice from a local vendor, followed by a snack at a local restaurant. No special tour needed. :D

This sounds like a wonderful idea! We may have to steal it. I And I never would have thought to put a kite in our bag.

ETA--are there public restrooms nearby?

Edited by crenee44

Does this person have a website? :confused:

If you are referring to Ellis I don't think he has a website but he is on facebook (tours with Ellis: See the Real Puerto Rico) and he advertises on Craigslist. http://puertorico.en.craigslist.org/trv/4807495115.html is one of his ads.

We really liked him last November and have another tour booked for later this month. He is really easy to work with and will go out of his way to give you what you want in a tour. His email is fleisherellis@aol.com

If you are referring to Ellis I don't think he has a website but he is on facebook (tours with Ellis: See the Real Puerto Rico) and he advertises on Craigslist. http://puertorico.en.craigslist.org/trv/4807495115.html is one of his ads.

We really liked him last November and have another tour booked for later this month. He is really easy to work with and will go out of his way to give you what you want in a tour. His email is fleisherellis@aol.com

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll have more questions later about the different tours he provides. :)

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll have more questions later about the different tours he provides. :)

Look on Craigslist, he lists quite a few to give you an idea of what he can offer. He will also customize. I can't say enough good things about him. We are really looking forward to our tour in 2 weeks and have been communication through email about the details quite a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you tell me if you are able to do this excursion with him if you are only in port from 7-3:30 or 7-2pm? It doesn't seem like a lot of time in port so I'm wondering if the rain forest and swim can even be done in that amount of time. (4-5 hours tops if that). I have heard that the rain forest is quite a drive from the port area.

Anyone know "around" what price ranges these rain forest tours cost? :confused: Just to give me an "idea" of what we are looking at.

Can you tell me if you are able to do this excursion with him if you are only in port from 7-3:30 or 7-2pm? It doesn't seem like a lot of time in port so I'm wondering if the rain forest and swim can even be done in that amount of time. (4-5 hours tops if that). I have heard that the rain forest is quite a drive from the port area.

Anyone know "around" what price ranges these rain forest tours cost? :confused: Just to give me an "idea" of what we are looking at.

The Only thing I can suggest is to email Ellis

Fleisherellis@aol.com