FTTF-When to start looking?

kelkel2

So I booked FTTF on our last cruise but I can't remember when I booked it. Can anyone say for sure when they successfully booked it? We have a ways to go so I really don't think I need to look for it yet because shore excursions are not out yet, right?

I'm assuming it won't be available until the shore excursions are available. I actually hadn't planned on booking it at all, but recently my husband decided it was 100% completely necessary so now I feel like I am on the hunt!

Anyone have any idea when Carnival starts opening FTTF up for booking?

I always check immediately to see if it is available, and book it same day.

Just this morning I booked a Breeze cruise for October 2015, and purchased the FTTF immediately after booking! If you don't see it any shore excursions yet, call Carnival and sometimes they can see it and will sell it to you over the phone.

Good luck! :)

I always check immediately to see if it is available, and book it same day.

Just this morning I booked a Breeze cruise for October 2015, and purchased the FTTF immediately after booking! If you don't see it any shore excursions yet, call Carnival and sometimes they can see it and will sell it to you over the phone.

Good luck! :)

OK! I can try that! I don't have any excursions available for my sailing yet just ground transportation, spa, and steakhouse open to book. Every time I look to book excursions I just get a spinning wheel that never loads anything.

You can't book FTTF until excursions are listed for the home port. Then you can book it so keep watching!The farthest out we have bought it was in May 2014 for a March 2015 cruise.

Kel, keep looking everyday. From what I've seen, they usually post around 1030am ET or so... But you can also email shoreexcursions at carnival and ask them when some will be released.

Steve

Kel, keep looking everyday. From what I've seen, they usually post around 1030am ET or so... But you can also email shoreexcursions at carnival and ask them when some will be released.

Steve

I did call like suggested. Got someone very nice. But they said they are still working on shore excursions for the end of 2015 cruises so FTTF will probably not be offered until December or whenever they get to posting shore excursions. No firm date was really given.

I was really hoping since Carnival operated this excursion it would be available earlier but no such luck it seems. I will go back to attempting to check every day!

I booked our Nov 1 cruise on October 10. Obviously, no FTTF then and I felt I was too late to get one. I then read that about 2 weeks prior to the cruise they release some more. So.....I kept checking the website about every hour for about 3 days at the 2 week mark. Not much success but then one morning (Oct 20)I had just checked on my IPad and then moved to the bedroom on the main computer and for the heck of it....I checked again. No more than 2 minutes later.....Viola! ONE WAS AVAILABLE! It was around 10:30-11:00 AM EST. I did the HAPPY DANCE! So it is possible for you to find one if you are vigilant and keep checking! Good luck:-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks guys!!!

I'm gonna stalk that website. I mean I check almost daily anyways for price drops so I think I'll just add that into my routine.

Obviously the cruise won't be ruined if we don't get it. I wasn't really planning on getting it, because I see the biggest value in getting it when you have tender ports but the husband corrected my assumption and said we "must" get it. But as in we, he mean me. LOL. He is not the vacation planner. So when we book our special vacations, I try to make them perfect. So, I'm going to do my best.

We haven't been on a vacation in a while, had to pay some major home repairs off. So this will truly be wonderful!!!

Back to stalking Carnival.... :)

• 3 months later...

I booked our September 13th cruise last week Monday and it was available. I was able to purchase it no problem, even though our final payment isn't until 6/30/2015. We didn't have a reduced deposit though, our deposit was $600. Idk if that changes anything or not.

I booked our September 13th cruise last week Monday and it was available. I was able to purchase it no problem, even though our final payment isn't until 6/30/2015. We didn't have a reduced deposit though, our deposit was $600. Idk if that changes anything or not.

Thanks! We booked the Vista for May 2016 just last week so it is probably way too early yet for them to offer shore excursions.

We are booked for March 2016 and so far nothing. I look daily!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been discussing this on our roll call as well. We have all between us been checking daily. Nothing. Hopefully soon?

Not to hijack, but I'm a little concerned.

Recently booked on Dream for Dec 2015. Immediately checked for FTTF, and saw it there, but was shown as "Sold Out" Expected that, so no big worries. I added it to my favorites and was going to check it regularly until I saw something.

But for the last week or so, the "Sold Out" message is gone, and there's no link to buy. Is this normal, has anyone seen this before??

Not to hijack, but I'm a little concerned.

Recently booked on Dream for Dec 2015. Immediately checked for FTTF, and saw it there, but was shown as "Sold Out" Expected that, so no big worries. I added it to my favorites and was going to check it regularly until I saw something.

But for the last week or so, the "Sold Out" message is gone, and there's no link to buy. Is this normal, has anyone seen this before??

click on it-- it will not charge you until you go to the next screen.

click on it-- it will not charge you until you go to the next screen.

Oh I have, I want them to charge me!!!

There's just nothing there. When I click on it, it goes to the normal information page that gives a full description of what FTTF is. What I dont see is a "Sold Out" sign nor a link to buy???

Oh I have, I want them to charge me!!!

There's just nothing there. When I click on it, it goes to the normal information page that gives a full description of what FTTF is. What I dont see is a "Sold Out" sign nor a link to buy???

Has it ever been available for your sailing? This is what it does on mine when I find it through the search for excursions. If it's not available for your sailing or hasn't been released it will most likely look like this. What about if you find it through your "my cruise manager" does it still look that way?