Early Saver - Can I get this new rate?

Beachiekeen

We booked a cruise for March 2015 on Early Saver. The price dropped $40/pp on an ES rate once already and we were given the price reduction. Now the price has dropped another $40/pp, however, now the rate is "Fall into Savings." It says that "Offer is applicable on new bookings made between October 20, 2014 – November 2, 2014." And also that a category 4A stateroom is required (I have no idea what the different categories are--this is my first cruise and my hubby's first on Carnival).

The reason we booked ES is because there was a specific cabin we wanted and there was only one left. So we definitely don't want to lose it. Are we eligible for this rate?

What is your exact ship? What is your exact sail date? What is your exact cabin number? If you were not assigned a cabin #, what kind of cabin, ie inside/ocean view / balcony / etc...

The people on this board are great to jump in and help, but clairvoyant we are not :p

Edited by AnonomissX
Truth, justice, and clarity.

If you booked the cruise through Carnival directly, your email confirmation will tell you the category in the upper part of the email.

Also, you can do a mock booking on the Carnival site (which is what I do) and choose a cabin the same as yours. Then compare the total price with what you paid.

We booked a cruise for March 2015 on Early Saver. The price dropped $40/pp on an ES rate once already and we were given the price reduction. Now the price has dropped another $40/pp, however, now the rate is "Fall into Savings." It says that "Offer is applicable on new bookings made between October 20, 2014 – November 2, 2014." And also that a category 4A stateroom is required (I have no idea what the different categories are--this is my first cruise and my hubby's first on Carnival).

The reason we booked ES is because there was a specific cabin we wanted and there was only one left. So we definitely don't want to lose it. Are we eligible for this rate?

Sounds like you booked a 4J. Are there still rooms left like the one you booked with the same cabin capacity? If yes and the price has dropped, submit the form just as you did before. You will probably have to wind up calling. And don't even mention anything about new bookings only.

You have to price-match to the specific, same Category (e.g., 4a, 4j........) cabin that you booked under Early Saver, same cruise, same dates. The restriction of new bookings only does not apply to ES price-matching. If the rate is for seniors, resident, military, etc. you have to qualify for same to price-match. ken

I'm sure there are the usual oddball exceptions and no doubt you'll have to pursue the price drop after an initial rejection! We're fortunate to have a PVP that's both competent and willing/able to process the price drops for us. ken

I'm sure there are the usual oddball exceptions and no doubt you'll have to pursue the price drop after an initial rejection! We're fortunate to have a PVP that's both competent and willing/able to process the price drops for us. ken

Twice we tried to price match (ES) where it said new bookings only. Both times we received rejection notices so I called the # listed on the rejection letter and received the price drop.