Excursions

Whirlwind1995

Why would you feel conned if you were happy with the fare when you booked. The saver fares don't have the ability to choose a cabin or dining. Anyway, I never do ships excursions if I can help it. Just back from 14 nights on Oriana, did all ports DIY.

In the Caribbean it depends where you are going. We used Cosol in St Lucia. Very good tour, a lot less than ships excursion. Just google Cosol. Used Glory Tours in Barbados.

Azura carribbean 15th November is it safe to buy excursion at ports of venders as do not want to give p&o anther penny of my money as feel coned by the vantage fare they say you get money back my cruis is 450 less pp so 900 but not getting penny of them

Vantage fares (with their price promise have not been around for over a year) have not been around for quite some time, when did you actually book.

The carrot when booked that fare (or now a select fare) was that you chose your cabin and dining.

Prices ALWAYS drop closer to sailing, but they have separate terms and conditions. ie no choices of cabin (except grade) or dining.

If when vantage fares ceased your select fare was cheaper you would of got extra obs....did you?

Do not discuss what people have paid on your cruise, as you would probably all have paid different fares, and some people may not tell the truth.

Vantage fares (with their price promise have not been around for over a year) have not been around for quite some time, when did you actually book.

The carrot when booked that fare (or now a select fare) was that you chose your cabin and dining.

Prices ALWAYS drop closer to sailing, but they have separate terms and conditions. ie no choices of cabin (except grade) or dining.

If when vantage fares ceased your select fare was cheaper you would of got extra obs....did you?

Do not discuss what people have paid on your cruise, as you would probably all have paid different fares, and some people may not tell the truth.

Well said!

Azura carribbean 15th November is it safe to buy excursion at ports of venders as do not want to give p&o anther penny of my money as feel coned by the vantage fare they say you get money back my cruis is 450 less pp so 900 but not getting penny of them

Would also recommend Cosol in St Lucia but there are lots of taxis & mini buses for beach transfers and taxi/minibus tours on the dockside at all the ports. Just check they have seat belts - and best go with a registered company. These may cost a little more and are usually closest to the quay or inside the terminal as we once read a warning inside the terminal at Grenada I think it was telling tourists that some taxi operators weren't licensed or properly insured. You may save a bit by walking further away from the port and haggling with taxi drivers but I've tended to bear that advice in mind and we generally settle with one of the firms operating within the port complex and whose drivers have shirts with the firm's name - you can still try negotiating but the prices are usually pretty fair and in comparison to the ship's excursions, a good saving.

I agree what you paid for your holiday is not a good topic of conversation, you know what you are doing when you book and if you are taking a chance or not and it's only the same as buying something from a shop.

I bought 2 Jenny Packham evening dresses on line from Debenhams and was really happy with my purchase, then saw exactly the same on ebay for half the price it's the gamble you take - still happy with my purchase they were still a bargain!!!!!