Recommendations for non-cruise ship tour vendors in New Zealand?

Our group of 9 are cruising New Zealand/Australia on Celebrity in January. We're researching and considering other tour vendors than just what Celebrity has to offer; such as Zealandier or Viator, etc.

What is your experience with these or any others?

Are there are excursions that you recommend for Bay of Islands, Tauranga, Wellington, Akaroa, Dunedin?

We have very diverse interests in our group. Many are LOTR fans. I want to enjoy the natural beauty of the land and wildlife. There are those interested in architecture and history.

Thanks for your suggestions! :)

Our group of 9 are cruising New Zealand/Australia on Celebrity in January. We're researching and considering other tour vendors than just what Celebrity has to offer; such as Zealandier or Viator, etc.

Are there are excursions that you recommend for Bay of Islands, Tauranga, Wellington, Akaroa, Dunedin?

We have very diverse interests in our group. Many are LOTR fans. I want to enjoy the natural beauty of the land and wildlife. There are those interested in architecture and history.

Hi

My recommendations in

Bay of Islands -is to take the free shuttle bus to Waitangi treaty grounds http://www.waitangi.org.nz/

or take a ferry to Russell or a Hole in the rock cruise .

Tauranga- we always hire a car/van with a GPS and do our own thing.If you drive into Rotorua the Buried village is well worth a visit.http://www.buriedvillage.co.nz/the_buried_village_experience/

Akaroa - Black cat dolphin cruise you can swim with the dolphins or just enjoy the scenery.The mail run tour is good to but I think he only takes 6 or 8 people.

Dunedin-Good Company tours are wonderful and all their tours are a lot cheaper than the ship and are very reliable. http://www.goodcompanytours.co.nz/shore-excursions-dunedin

Cheers

A mob I have been using for some time is:

https://www.shoretripsandtours.com/

Very experienced and very professional

I am sure they will be able to help your group

cheers

There are lots of tours you can do on your own.

In Dunedin take the ships shuttle to town Take a time in the raqilway station and enjoy the museum and art gallery

Then go to Speights brewery (book on line before) have a great tasting and tour there and then go to their restaurant for a good lunch

If applicable you can book the seniors rate for the entrance I found 12.30 to be an excellent time for the tour. Then you can spend the rest of the day shopping :D:D:D:rolleyes:

On of the ladies on our roll call organised a trip from Akaroa to Arthurs Pass on our last cruise. The trip was organised through nzbicycletours.com

You can also email them at bicycletours@xtra.co.nz

Don't let the name put you off. They also do trips that are not bicycle related :D Our tour guide Brian did a fantastic job and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We certainly covered a few miles that day and saw some wonderful sights. One of the benefits I guess of having a 'local' as your tour guide.

Hope you have fun down here and enjoy your cruise. :D