Platinum priveleges?

Amster12345

Plats have been included for at least the past three years.

Just off the Royal 10 day Repo and there were 2 lounges......The Vista lounge for pre dinner snacks/drinks.

BUT ALSO Club 6 for ELITE members only . Only a few members there....guess it was just a quiet place to have a pre dinnr drink.

Anyone else on this cruise noticed this ???

Another quick question: we are first time platinum and it says 250 internet minutes for each member (our cruise is 15 days). Does this mean that each of us get 250 min. Or both combined?

Each Platinum member will get the 250 minutes of internet time for free.

You both get 250 minutes, and you will each be offered a special rate for additional minutes at first logon.

What we tend to do, is to initially activate only one of the accounts and then, when that account has run out, decide if we will need to purchase additional minutes when we later activate the second account.

Each Platinum member will get the 250 minutes of internet time for free.

Thank you both. Very helpful.

Another quick question: we are first time platinum and it says 250 internet minutes for each member (our cruise is 15 days). Does this mean that each of us get 250 min. Or both combined?

It's 150 FREE internet minutes not 250 for Platinum members. If you both are Platinum then you both get them. My husband and I just got off Ruby, 7 day, Nov 8-15. I can tell you that it's VERY slow, however we still did not use up all our mins. I took my laptop and could not get logged on in our cabin. The gentlemen working the internet cafe told me if I had an ipad or iphone, that is goes much quicker in public areas. So I just used my ipad in the public areas and it went quicker than computers in the Internet Cafe. I wasn't told this until like the last 2 days. I wish I would have known sooner.

Enjoy your sailing. ;)

The elite/platinum/suite cocktail party and lounge are one and the same...:confused:

They are not the same. There is a platinum lounge every night for cocktail hour, ours was in Skywalkers, where there are free snacks and discounted drinks. The party is the Captains Circle party for platinum/elite one night of the cruise (you will get an invitation) where they serve free drinks for the party.

So please tell me why are people so desperate to get into a lounge to talk to other Platinum /Elite members and get one free or discounted drink.

The next time I "get into a lounge," I'll be sure to ask everyone there why they are so desperate to talk to me.:rolleyes:

I am through the number of days I have cruised now in the upper tiers of another cruise line but only once did I turn up for" the party" as it suited our timetable that evening . It was not to our taste as so many trying to suck up to officers etc .Just don't get it.

The next time I go to the Captain's party (which is not the same thing as Desperation Lounge, BTW) I'll be sure to count how many people are "sucking up" to the officers and report back to you.

I know this will offend some people but that is not my intent I just wondered if I am missing the point to the whole set up .

Of course it's not your intent to offend. That's why you avoided calling people desperate pretentious suck ups. :rolleyes: Look, since you've never been to a Princess PES lounge or Captain's party, I'm not sure why you feel the need to insult the people who have.

I know this will offend some people but that is not my intent I just wondered if I am missing the point to the whole set up .

Yes is nice to get early boarding etc but not treat us differently whilst on the Ship . There are drinks specials on all cruise ships and lots of places to have a drink so why the need to have special lounges etc.

To me, the point isn't the ego stuff (and if you want any of that, just listen to some guy onboard talking about how much he paid for his watch in the last port, or the couple I was seated with who went on and on about how much they'd paid for their fridge).

There are things about Elite status that are kinda zero sum games. There are plenty of reports of the ship's laundry being bogged down by Elites' freebies, and laundry therefore taking longer to get back. Elite early boarding is less meaningful if a third of the ship qualifies (and they bring their kids along, too). Same for priority tendering. Everybody using their free WiFi at once slows things to a crawl. And I've been on one cruise when the there were so many upper-status pax that it was often impossible to find a seat in the Platinum/Elite Lounge.

So yeah, since it took me 150 days to reach Elite, I get a little miffed when I know that others vying for the same limited services may have only taken 60 or 70 days to get there. (On the other hand, since I usually book insides, I've actually "paid" a lot less for the black card than other folks.)

Like you, we went once and, whilst it was quite pleasant, I found the conversation a bit too focussed on what and how many cruises everyone had done with Princess, or, amongst the population of seasoned travellers who had met up on previous cruises, what they had all done since they last met.

So what else do strangers and casual acquaintances talk about on cruises? Their kids, their kids, their houses, their dogs, and their grandchildren's dogs' doghouses. Oh, and for folks as old as I am, their assorted ailments. As much as I get bored with "Where else have you cruised?" that's what most of us have in common and I might as well face that.

But I assume that you chat about meaningful stuff like the politics of transgenderism or Camus and his influence on existentialist thought, in which case look me up next time we're onboard together.

So what else do strangers and casual acquaintances talk about on cruises? Their kids, their kids, their houses, their dogs, and their grandchildren's dogs' doghouses. Oh, and for folks as old as I am, their assorted ailments. As much as I get bored with "Where else have you cruised?" that's what most of us have in common and I might as well face that.

But I assume that you chat about meaningful stuff like the politics of transgenderism or Camus and his influence on existentialist thought, in which case look me up next time we're onboard together.

I think the subjects to discuss will come out as you learn the other persons interests and background. I try to avoid the politics and religion as they tend to lead to arguments rather than discussions.

I think the subjects to discuss will come out as you learn the other persons interests and background. I try to avoid the politics and religion as they tend to lead to arguments rather than discussions.

I didn't know that existentialism was such a touchy subject. That scamp Sartre!

It's 150 FREE internet minutes not 250 for Platinum members. If you both are Platinum then you both get them. My husband and I just got off Ruby, 7 day, Nov 8-15.

Maksim and you are both correct.

For Maksim's 15 day cruise, they each will get 250 minutes.

For a 7 day cruise, 150 minutes is the benefit.

Celebrity has a new policy which they just implemented, whereby you are allowed to board the ship based on your cabin location the higher the deck the earlier you board. As you might expect its not popular

How does Princess work this

In general, anyone in any cabin can check in and board at anytime. Initial boarding will be in the order of special parties (in port wedding, Bon Voyage Experience), handicapped, suite/elite, platinum, everyone else. After that, board as soon as you check in.

Princess often suggests staggered boarding times in order to even out the flow of people checking in, but it is a suggestion almost all of the time, not enforced.

Problems with the Celebrity method include:

o Families arriving together with members on different decks

o Cruise-line provided transportation to the pier which will include people from multiple decks.

o Passengers who arrive at the airport early in the day but are told to wait 8 hours until they can board.