Royal Princess Laundry Service?

MTNestr

1). Do they do a good job?

2). How fast is the turnaround?

3). Can you request pressing only?

4). Did they ever loose anything?

On my two Royal cruises:

1. They did an OK job. Whites seemed to turn a strange color, almost gray.

2. Turnaround time sucked, from 4-8 days on both cruises but I suspect those were not the norm.

3. Yes. You can request pressing only.

4. They lost a pair of socks of mine but they were old. I took a photo of my slip every time I sent something out so I could keep track of what I'd sent and check it when it returned.

Worked very well for us. We were actually fascinated by the service. We had a suite on the Royal in December and always got our clothes back within 24 hours. Clothes were clean and we weren't disappointed. We really found the pressing only service convenient as we had my tux and dinner jacket and DW's gowns pressed as soon as we unpacked them.

Hope that helps. Paul

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Worked very well for us. We were actually fascinated by the service. We had a suite on the Royal in December and always got our clothes back within 24 hours. Clothes were clean and we weren't disappointed. We really found the pressing only service convenient as we had my tux and dinner jacket and DW's gowns pressed as soon as we unpacked them.

Hope that helps. Paul

You were one of the lucky ones. I've seen many more negative posts and personally experienced terrible laundry service on the Royal.....

Bob

You were one of the lucky ones. I've seen many more negative posts and personally experienced terrible laundry service on the Royal.....

Bob

Might have had something to do with our Cabin Stewart, Edgardo. He was outstanding. Crazy good....very unassuming and humble but all our needs were anticipated and the suite stayed immaculate. Best Stewart ever for us.

Paul

For those who have used this service:

1). Do they do a good job?

2). How fast is the turnaround?

3). Can you request pressing only?

4). Did they ever loose anything?

We were on the Royal last week!

1) Fantastic! Everything was clean and they even pressed our jeans!

2) Cabin Steward picked up in the morning and delivered it back the next evening before 5pm.

3) Yes

4) Never lost anything

We were in a suite so laundry was included. We had no issues and thought the service was outstanding!

Might have had something to do with our Cabin Stewart, Edgardo. He was outstanding. Crazy good....very unassuming and humble but all our needs were anticipated and the suite stayed immaculate. Best Stewart ever for us.

Paul

We had an OS suite. Our cabin attendant was "Gina" from the Philippines. She was arguably the best cabin attendant we've ever had since we started cruising in 1993. The problem we had was simply the time it took to get something back. It took DW 8 1/2 days (nearly half the cruise) to get back one sweater. The garment was not damaged and cleaned perfectly but it didn't do her any good sitting in the bowels of the ship of an extended period of time.....:):):)

Bob