Are there irons in the cabins

taykee

I know this may seem a strange questions, considering I'm suppose to be on holidays. I will be on the Norwegian Jade in March and I know some of my clothes will need a iron when I unpack. So hopefully they have irons in the cabins.

I know this may seem a strange questions, considering I'm suppose to be on holidays. I will be on the Norwegian Jade in March and I know some of my clothes will need a iron when I unpack. So hopefully they have irons in the cabins.

There are no irons in your stateroom. You can request to borrow one from your room steward or from guest services for only a few hours. You are not allowed to bring one or even a travel iron.

So basically its pay for iron services, borrow an iron, use wrinkle release or steam them to death in the shower!

Edited by darkprayer

Use downey wrinkle remover -- the only place we can find it is at Kmart, look it up on line, go to you tube and type in downey wrinkle remover, and watch how easy, -- 16 oz spray bottle is 3.99 :)

I second using Downey Wrinkle Releaser. Read a lot of articles on which brand is the best and all the test results say Downey. I've been able to find travel sizes in the travel section at Wal-mart 3 oz for .99 very recently!

Yo're lucky you don't get it confiscated then.

I've only seen one story...on one particular ship from one cruise line...I think Carnival (but not other ships the poster had been on), where a steamer was confiscated. I've never seen a report of a steamer being confiscated on an NCL ship.

Please do not bring an iron.:eek: Irons have always been forbidden in cabins and I believe Steamers are not allowed either. If you need one, they will gladly bring you one and an ironing board, if you call housekeeping. They will probably come back in about 1/2 hour to pick them up, by which time the iron should be cooled. They are very nice about it.

No real candles in the cabin either.

Have a great cruise:)

I've only seen one story...on one particular ship from one cruise line...I think Carnival (but not other ships the poster had been on), where a steamer was confiscated. I've never seen a report of a steamer being confiscated on an NCL ship.

I have brought a hand held steamer on every single one of my cruises....without ever having a problem.

Harriet

Please do not bring an iron.:eek: Irons have always been forbidden in cabins and I believe Steamers are not allowed either. If you need one, they will gladly bring you one and an ironing board, if you call housekeeping. They will probably come back in about 1/2 hour to pick them up, by which time the iron should be cooled. They are very nice about it.

No real candles in the cabin either.

Have a great cruise:)

You're wrong about steamers.

Use downey wrinkle remover -- the only place we can find it is at Kmart, look it up on line, go to you tube and type in downey wrinkle remover, and watch how easy, -- 16 oz spray bottle is 3.99 :)

I bought mine at the container store. One of my favorite traval essentials. It really works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk