Sign and sail cards for kids

Ellaleah

You can cash out at guest services on the last night or they will mail you a check. If it's less than $5, they will donate it to St Jude children's hospital if you don't collect on it.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Sent from my iPod

Edited by ccruisequeen

I will be cruising with two 12 year olds and am curious as to what they might use their sign and sails cards for other than the arcade. Any ideas what kids that age might want to purchase and charge?

THE INTERNET CAFE AND THEIR CELL PHONES IF THEY HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got a whopping $400 bill when I checked out from my 19 year old son who knows better. Yes, it was totally my fault for not putting a limit on it !!!!!!!

I did not give my kids charging privileges until they turned 21, at which time they could purchase alcoholic beverages if they wanted to. They've never had any interest in the arcade and they've never even asked about it.

Our Son spent most of his in the Arcade, we always gave him between $50 and $100, depending on the length of the cruise. Our youngest has not had charging privileges, YET. Also all of our phones are turned off and locked in the safe as soon we sail so there are no surprise charges!!:eek:

We turned the kids cards off.

If they go over the limit you set you are still responsible.

charges sometimes do not hit right away so its easy for a kid who has 15.00 to spend 5- on a drink-- and 30 minutes later spend another 5 then go directly into the arcade and spend 20.

Turn the card off. not much they can spend in on.

I used to give my teens the equivalent of 10$ a day. They could spend it in one go or spread it out. Any left over, they could keep.

I just went to guest services and put the money on their card the first day. On some cruises, the girls added some of their allowance to the card. The liked to buy cake at the coffee shop and milkshakes. The candy store was also a hit.

I will be cruising with two 12 year olds and am curious as to what they might use their sign and sails cards for other than the arcade. Any ideas what kids that age might want to purchase and charge?

they need the card to get on and off the ship. Also to open the door.

(too many times I see parents sending someone back to the cabin coz a kid forgot their card

We had a direct discussion with them about what thy could and couldn't do with it and that it wasn't just free money. With that it really wasn't an issue for us. Usually each night at dinner they would buy a soda or maybe a drink at the show. They both got to use it to buy a souvenir or two in the gift shop.

The ability to order and sign their own receipt at dinner was something that they got a kick out of and actually enjoyed. Didn't really cost me any extra since I would have bought them one anyway, and they felt like an adult and had fun.