Where is a good place to shop in Waikiki

Gaelic-123

I want to know where there is a good place to shop near the Marriott Waikiki. I read that Ala Moana Mall was a huge place. How far would it be from our hotel. Would we take a taxi? Is there someplace else to shop that is just about as good because from what I read it is really huge?

What kind of shopping? Clothing, souvenirs? The Ala Moana Mall is where the locals would shop just like your Mall at home. If you are looking for souvenirs, look for an ABC store. They are everywhere, and may even be across the street from each other.

If your hotel is the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort at 2552 Kalakaua, there are ABC stores at 2522, 2490, 2456, 2424, 2340 and 2138 Kalakaua St. just to name a few.

If you are indeed looking for a more upscale shopping experience, the Royal Hawaiian Center is at 2201 Kalakaua St, which would be closer than the Ala Moana.

Have a great trip!

What kind of shopping? Clothing, souvenirs? The Ala Moana Mall is where the locals would shop just like your Mall at home. If you are looking for souvenirs, look for an ABC store. They are everywhere, and may even be across the street from each other.

If your hotel is the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort at 2552 Kalakaua, there are ABC stores at 2522, 2490, 2456, 2424, 2340 and 2138 Kalakaua St. just to name a few.

If you are indeed looking for a more upscale shopping experience, the Royal Hawaiian Center is at 2201 Kalakaua St, which would be closer than the Ala Moana.

Have a great trip!

Hello Eleanor,

Thank you for the information. This is good to know. Do you recall if Ala Moana has some upscale stores as well? I have been there too many years ago and really don't remember what kind of stores are there. We are on a cruise in December and I am trying to combine beach with shopping, which is one stop, Ala Moana, I believe. Please advise. Thank you.

Hello Eleanor,

Thank you for the information. This is good to know. Do you recall if Ala Moana has some upscale stores as well? I have been there too many years ago and really don't remember what kind of stores are there. We are on a cruise in December and I am trying to combine beach with shopping, which is one stop, Ala Moana, I believe. Please advise. Thank you.

There are many upscale stores - both department stores (Nordstrom, etc.) and small stores that are quite high end - all mixed in with typical mall stores. Ala Moana beach is also just across the street from the mall. It is much less crowded than the more popular Waikiki beach. But the bus system is wonderful and the 8, 19, 20, 42 and others will all take you between Waikiki (more shopping there too) and the mall. Many buses will leave right from near the pier as well.

Edited by Waimea'sMom

Any shopping outlets in Waikiki/Honolulu? Heard that prices are high in general in Hawaii, hoping that we can find some good bargains. :)

Thanks!

AHOY SHIPMATES I found that best bargains in HONOLULU are at the huge Flea Market held several days a week at the HULA BOWL (football stadium) near the ARIZONA MEMORIAL. Several city busses run by there all day long.

Any shopping outlets in Waikiki/Honolulu? Heard that prices are high in general in Hawaii, hoping that we can find some good bargains. :)

Thanks!

In addition to the swap meet at Aloha stadium, there are is the Waikele outlets in Waipahu but it is not Honolulu or Waikiki. You can usually get a bus to them for about $10 - sometimes near the Duke Kahanamoku statue in Waikiki. It is a bus shuttle that I think us run by the outlet center. I don't know if a public bus goes out there - but you can take buses all the way to North Shore and Kaneohe so you probably can. That would only be $2.50.

For souvenirs, as crazy as it sounds, Costco and Walmart are cheapest - ABC stores are easiest.

Edited by Waimea'sMom

• 2 weeks later...
There are many upscale stores - both department stores (Nordstrom' date=' etc.) and small stores that are quite high end - all mixed in with typical mall stores. Ala Moana beach is also just across the street from the mall. It is much less crowded than the more popular Waikiki beach. But the bus system is wonderful and the 8, 19, 20, 42 and others will all take you between Waikiki (more shopping there too) and the mall. Many buses will leave right from near the pier as well.[/quote']

Thank you so much. This is great. It means that if my DH doesn't want to go to the mall, he can stay at the beach while I shop. What a perfect combination!!! And we can take a bus back to the cruise ship.

• 1 month later...