Ruby wifi

bigdave35

While we would rather unplug from the world completely, we simply cannot due to needing to stay somewhat connected to work. Ugh, I know.

Having said that, is the wifi on the Ruby strong in certain parts of the ship? Will the ship personnel tell you where the hotspots are?

We plan to log on and download emails via outlook, logg off and answer offline then log back on to send them out. Typical operation for not using up minutes.

So, I'm hoping some may have some tips on where the best areas are and what times are best.

Thanks in advance.

We were on the Ruby last October and had A-751 PH Suite on the rear. It worked just fine with the door open or closed. A laptop or tablet will work better than an iPhone as it has a bigger radio for WiFi in it. So in this case bigger is better! And yes we did Skype Video on it also. Best time is after local midnight when other folks are asleep.

Edited by Steviewonder1

On the Ruby, I used an Ipad in an Emerald deck mid-ship cabin and could never get a wifi connection whether the cabin door was open or closed.

On the other hand, connections in the internet area itself was decent - as was other random spots around the ship - just not in the cabin.

Have a great trip.

We have been on the Ruby 5 times and usually near forward elevators on Baja or Caribe. Have always used my netbook in my cabin and no discernible difference anywhere. Sometimes I take it to the gym in the AM and then proceed to HC. OK up there too.

I have used my netbook in my cabin on the Caribe deck aft area. It was slow of course but worked. Very late at night or in the early morning hours seem to be the best when most pax are asleep. Works great in port when most pax are off the ship on tours. Having worked in the IT industry, I can sympathize with your having to do work while on the ship. Luckily those days are past for me.