Port Canaveral Rental Car Shuttle

denrusk

We have decided to book a rental car and return it the morning of our cruise(leaving from Port Canaveral). We have it booked through Dollar. I am planning to drop my wife and 2 teenagers off at the port with our luggage and then I will return the car and ride the shuttle back. I have heard that the shuttle back to port does not leave until the port gives them permission to start bringing new passengers to the ship. Has anyone done this, and what time do they usually start the shuttles from the rental car locations. I do not want to drop them off too early and then they have to wait a long time for me to return. Can they go ahead and check in while they wait for me so they can get a seat in the waiting area, or do they need to wait for me to check in? Thanks for you time and help!

Have never used Dollar, but have used Avis several times. The Avis shuttle is running continuously, picking people up at the port to rent a car and dropping people off to take the cruise. There have been no time restrictions of drop offs.

Edited by clarea

Wife and I went on Freedom of the seas and there was a problem with ships docking late...we used Budget car rental and they told us at the time that port officials and coast guard would not let anyone in until the back log cleared..at the time it was 1030 a.m. before first shuttle could bring in outgoing passengers.

Normally guess there is no problems.

Bill

Last year in december we returned our rental to alamo (same location as national and enterprise). Their shuttles from port were runing early bringing people to the rental office .....

... but to the port/ship the first shuttle left at 10:30am.

They told us that was per direction/orders from port authority.