Navigator - Diamond Lounge Changes

thechad56

Hi all - its been a while. Can you please tell me the new hours and amenities of the Diamond Lounge on the Navigator of the Seas. How do you get in etc. We are obviously Diamond members. We sail in March, thanks for your help.

You SeaPass card opens the door 24 hours. There is free specialty coffee available all the time. Continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the morning. Cocktail hour from 4:30pm to 8pm every night with free soda, selected beers, house wine, basic mixed drinks, and hot/cold snacks.

Can non-D, suite guests use the Diamond Lounge?

Seems to vary by ship and/or concierge. Non-D suite guests normally do not have access to the D lounge, but I've read that sometimes they are allowed.

Edited by clarea

Thanks everyone for your comments. So let me ask a follow up question are children aloud in the lounge? I know on celebrity they are not aloud during the happy hour..........so I wanted to hear your thoughts.

Thanks again

Children are allowed in the DL but not during happy hour.

A little off-topic, but posting for whoever it might interest! I took my younger daughter on NAV the last week of August to celebrate her 21st birthday, which is Sept. 1. She received a "child's" seapass card, not unexpectedly. She is D and I am D+. What we didn't think through was that the Diamond Lounge servers would refuse to serve her alcohol, even with our explanation (with id) of her age, my offer to sign off as her mother on whatever was needed, etc. Needless to say, it was disappointing. We did not enounter this in the CL, or in any of the restaurant venues.

Please, no flaming about underage drinking. I thought it was unusual that one venue was so strict, and the rest not at all. We hated to be relegated to the CL for our pre-dinner champagne since the D Lounge is so much prettier!

We had a fantastic cruise, though, and I'd sail on NAV again in a heartbeat!

lacruiser - you and your daughter lucked out in the other venues. Not unusual since you don't have to show your seapass in the CL but I am puzzled how she got served in the restaurants. Perhaps you only showed your card and had them charged to your account? That would make sense. It's in RCCL's policies that you must be 21 BEFORE the sailing date. Even if you turn 21 ON the cruise, you are treated as the age at the time of embarkation. No flaming here - just an explanation on why they were strict. Glad ya'll had fun.

Can non-D, suite guests use the Diamond Lounge?

In March on Navigator my In-Laws had a grand suite but were not yet diamond (they reached D during the cruise), and they went into the Diamond lounge with us every day. They liked it much more than the concierge cave...I mean lounge.