Will the elevators on Century be repaired prior to my cruise?

Tangocherie

I have read on the roll call forum for my upcoming December 1 cruise on the Century that 2 of the 3 aft elevators (or lifts as my Aussie friends say) and 1 in the midship sector are out of service. This would certainly be an inconvenience.

Can anyone, maybe member Celebritycruises, offer any insight as to them being repaired in time for my cruise?

We were on the October 9-22 cruise. Mid way was an electrical problem and no elevators for a while. After power came back all the aft elevators and one mid elevator never worked for the rest of the cruise - was annoying and never explained. Because the ship has been sold we think things are being let slide! As our first Celebrity cruise we were not impressed with a few things but have been told other Celebrity ships are much better so we hope so.

[quote name='Purples']We were on the October 9-22 cruise. Mid way was an electrical problem and no elevators for a while. After power came back all the aft elevators and one mid elevator never worked for the rest of the cruise - was annoying and never explained. Because the ship has been sold we think things are being let slide! As our first Celebrity cruise we were not impressed with a few things but have been told other Celebrity ships are much better so we hope so.[/QUOTE]

Hope you'll give Celebrity another chance. Have cruised on: Millennium, Equinox, Constellation and will be on Silhouette in December. Each ship, itinerary, and crew and officers were outstanding. Expect we'll find the same next month and really prefer Celebrity to the other cruise lines we've cruised with in the past. :)

[quote name='Tangocherie']I have read on the roll call forum for my upcoming December 1 cruise on the Century that 2 of the 3 aft elevators (or lifts as my Aussie friends say) and 1 in the midship sector are out of service. This would certainly be an inconvenience.

Can anyone, maybe member Celebritycruises, offer any insight as to them being repaired in time for my cruise?[/QUOTE]

When was that posted?

3 days ago all the aft elevators were working. Only one of the middle lifts was not.

[quote name='Purples']We were on the October 9-22 cruise. Mid way was an electrical problem and no elevators for a while. After power came back all the aft elevators and one mid elevator never worked for the rest of the cruise - was annoying and never explained. Because the ship has been sold we think things are being let slide! As our first Celebrity cruise we were not impressed with a few things but have been told other Celebrity ships are much better so we hope so.[/QUOTE]

Things happen, but if they were being "let slide" they wouldn't be fixed.

They tried to resolve the issue, but it ultimately took about a 6 hour outage to remediate as earlier attempts were not successful. They did this at the earliest opportunity as far as I could tell.

[quote name='jayoldschool']I would highly doubt that. I'm sure that fitness is specified VERY clearly in the terms of sale contract.[/quote]

Hi Jayoldschool,

I totally agree. I've been following Celebrity since their inception, and have seen a few ships leave the fleet. From what was written on here (and with my own experiences on Mercury and Century).... for the most part, Guests were very happy with their onboard experiences.

Any speculation of Celebrity allowing Century to become unsatisfactory due to an upcoming sale, is virtually impossible to believe. Edited by Host Andy