Book Now - Re-Book Onboard?

yogimax

We want to take an Alaskan cruise next year and will be sailing on Enchantment in November. Can I book the Alaskan cruise now, guaranteeing the price and then later re-book in November to gain the onboard credit? Thanks!

We just tried to do this on SOS last weekend and it is not working out for us. There were no cabins left on deck 10 for our Jewel cruise in Dec. So we booked another on deck 9. When our TA got it, and tried to change it to our orignial booking, she was told that the price was $80 more and that would almost negate the benefit of the 100 credit. So we did not get the credit. I had read here on the boards that others have done it, but we have had no luck.

Hope it works out for you.

We just tried to do this on SOS last weekend and it is not working out for us. There were no cabins left on deck 10 for our Jewel cruise in Dec. So we booked another on deck 9. When our TA got it, and tried to change it to our orignial booking, she was told that the price was $80 more and that would almost negate the benefit of the 100 credit. So we did not get the credit. I had read here on the boards that others have done it, but we have had no luck.

Right, if the price goes up more than $100 between now and November, we would not gain the benefit of the onboard credit. But, if the price remained the same, would we then gain the $100?

Right, if the price goes up more than $100 between now and November, we would not gain the benefit of the onboard credit. But, if the price remained the same, would we then gain the $100?

I would think so as long as you weren't dead set on a particular (aft, hump) cabin.

We are going to try it... I figure we have nothing to lose.

We just booked an Alaska cruise for 2006 and are sailing on Enchantment in January, (apparently we have the same taste in cruises! ;) ). If the price hasn't gone up, we'll try to book on board and see what happens.

We are going to try it... I figure we have nothing to lose.

We just booked an Alaska cruise for 2006 and are sailing on Enchantment in January, (apparently we have the same taste in cruises! ;) ). If the price hasn't gone up, we'll try to book on board and see what happens.

That's what I figure. There's a good deal on a September Seattle to Vancouver cruise.

We booked our Bermuda cruise for 2006 a couple of months ago and now there are NO balcony cabins available. I won't attempt to rebook that date for the discount. If we do anything, I might decide on a different date and book that but, prices have gone up. It's not worth the hassle IMO.

On the other hand, I'll probably book something onboard and wait for dates and itenerary's to come out that we do like. That way I'll have a booking # and the onboard credit waiting for me.

We did this last January on Monarch. I booked a balcony cabin on Vision for the Mexican Riviera cruise in one of the worst cabin locations on the ship (so there would be less chance we'd be in a cabin someone might actually want). I held that reservation until the Alaskan itenerary's came out. We switched the booking from Mexican Riviera to Alaska that first day, kept the booking ID and the cabin credit and got the best price for the cruise. At least it's the best price so far. All the price has done on this particular date for our cabin catagory is gone up.

So long as RCI will allow me to book something and then transfer that booking number to a different cruise once dates and itenerary come out that I like, I'll keep booking something, anything, onboard. The problem this next time is we might not be sailing on RCI for 2007. It's looking like 2007 will be the year to do Hawaii but the month would be March and I'd need a 7 night itenerary rather than the 11 or 12 night sailings RCI offers. Things are a long way from being finalized yet so I'm hoping to still be able to sail RCI rather than NCL. I'll just have to wait and see how things work out over the next four or five months.

Archived