New York pier this Sunday Nov 9

letsgocruisin

Hi all

I will be driving from Boston on the 9th is there any road races or anything going on in the area to delay us. For those who have driven this is my first Time what time would you suggest we leave Boston? Have to be on board at 1. The ship sails st 3 will they still let us board if we run later than 1pm

Thanks ....I am really stressing about missing the ship

I wouldn't take any chances. Current captain had boarding beginning at 9:30am because he does not like leaving late (even though you won't actually board until 11:30). Since he's been on, Breakaway has left at 3:00pm on the nose.

Nothing going on here, but you never know. Traffic crap happens all the time.

I would leave as early as you can.

Worst case is you sit in the Cruise Terminal and stare at the ship ;)

Have a great cruise!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

We're in the same boat, pun intended, coming from Maryland. We decided on Sunday that we would drive most of the way and stay over in NJ on Saturday night so we wouldn't have to leave home before 6am. The only thing to note is that the NCL Gem will also be at the pier so traffic will be heavier than just the normal Breakaway traffic.

Hi all

I will be driving from Boston on the 9th is there any road races or anything going on in the area to delay us. For those who have driven this is my first Time what time would you suggest we leave Boston? Have to be on board at 1. The ship sails st 3 will they still let us board if we run later than 1pm

Thanks ....I am really stressing about missing the ship

We did a cruise in February... best bet to leave on Saturday & spend the night in a hotel in CT... we left CT around 1030 am and were on board by 1pm...

Lucky me, my own apartment in The Bronx, lol.[emoji5]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Da Bronx? Hmmm. Well I hear some love it there and would never move out!! Lol 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Forums😻

Edited by luvtheships

Da Bronx? Hmmm. Well I hear some love it there and would never move out!! Lol 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Forums😻

Lived here all my life, it more mellowed out than Manhattan. Not quite suburban like Staten Island, Westchester or Long Island and depending on where; its the perfect balance mix of trees, residential and commercial space. :D

I live in Manhattan and have made the trip to Boston a few times. I think the trip is a good 4.5 hours without any traffic issues. But there is usually construction on the weekend in CT that can cause problems. Once you hit Manhattan, it is a quick drive down the Westside highway from the GW bridge. I would play it safe and leave at 6AM like another poster suggests.

I once was late for a ship before 9/11 and all the new safety procedures, and I was almost denied boarding. Thank God they allowed me on!! NCL pulled the gangplank away the moment I got off, it was that close. But I do not think it is possible to do that these days. You have to think of this as an airplane, once the doors are closed no one else can enter because the list has been submitted to the "powers in charge". I believe it is the same with a ship. The cutoff is 1Pm so I would aim to be here by 11AM, just in case. Remember to give yourself 15 minutes for parking and such.

FYI - The entrance to the Cruise line piers is on your right and is after the first street light you will encounter on the westside highway. If you miss it, you will need to go down a bit and go around a block( Tack on another 15 minutes). No U-turns allowed!!

Edited by HLM29

Lived here all my life, it more mellowed out than Manhattan. Not quite suburban like Staten Island, Westchester or Long Island and depending on where; its the perfect balance mix of trees, residential and commercial space. :D

And Yankee Stadium!! With A-Rod back looking like playoffs this year(2015)

Updated weather for Sunday:

54* Partly Cloudy, 0 chance of rain.

Not bad for November ( as I sit in my apartment with NO HEAT thank you very much).

Have a great cruise. Hope you make it to GSC.

Tune your car radio to 1010 wins when you hit New York for local traffic every ten minutes.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/station/1010-wins/

~Robin

Edited by meatball_nyc

Updated weather for Sunday:

54* Partly Cloudy, 0 chance of rain.

Not bad for November ( as I sit in my apartment with NO HEAT thank you very much).

Have a great cruise. Hope you make it to GSC.

Tune your car radio to 1010 wins when you hit New York for local traffic every ten minutes.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/station/1010-wins/

~Robin

Thanks. Me too. That is my big birthday so I sure hope we get there. I am excited to try the Broadway Dreams in the Ice Bar (thanks for the description in another thread) that night!