Need help navigating RCI Reviews...

The last few weeks or so I've been actively reading all things Quantum on CC, FB, Twitter, etc. I've also been reading the Allure and Oasis reviews lately to see the experiences folks have -- and it's also helping me keep my excitement for our Quantum sailing at a VERY high level.

Two things I've found extremely frustrating, that makes it almost impossible at times to go through reviews, are the large numbers of "subscribing" and "following" posts instead of just using the thread tools to subscribe and not cluttering up the thread (is the goal to rack up posts or do people seriously not understand how forums work?). The next, which those one word responses exacerbate, are the folks that have signatures that are 1-2 pages long, listing every cruise they've ever taken and the next 6-8 they are planning.

How do you weed through all the noise? Does the CC app or Tapatalk help?

Thanks!

Almost every time someone does a review on the message boards this topic comes up. Another thing people complain of is when they want to make a comment or ask a question for the OP, they QUOTE a lengthy post with lots of photos. You can complain. It won't change.

As for the sigs, go to User CP (left toward the top)

Under settings and options select EDIT OPTIONS

Make your selections from: Thread Display Options

Edited by bighairtexan

Almost every time someone does a review on the message boards this topic comes up. Another thing people complain of is when they want to make a comment or ask a question for the OP, they QUOTE a lengthy post with lots of photos. You can complain. It won't change.

As for the sigs, go to User CP (left toward the top)

Under settings and options select EDIT OPTIONS

Make your selections from: Thread Display Options

YES! Just found it, THANKS!! I expect this will improve my experience 10-fold. :)

Agreed on the quoting pictures, hopefully this is my last newbie post. :)

why thank you. It gets very annoying when reading a trip report. Do people just not know?

<Another thing people complain of is when they want to make a comment or ask a question for the OP, they QUOTE a lengthy post with lots of photos. You can complain. It won't change.>

I want to see the reviewers pictures so can't stop one without the other?

Edited by flpab

This is precisely why when I've written reviews, I write it all out in a Word document and then post it all at once on cruise critic. Plus in the beginning, I put the ports that we went to and the excursions so people can see it it's something they want to read before going any further.

It especially drives me crazy when someone starts writing a review, then just gives up and never finishes it, after I've been vested in it for days!!!