Public restrooms

Coopie

Hi. We will be in St Maarten week after next as one of our ports. Been quite a few years since we have been there. Due to stomach issues some days I may require the urgent need of a rest room (trying to say IBS, sorry) and I was wondering if there are any public rest rooms and if so which ones would be the best/cleanest to use.

We will not be doing a tour but just walking around the dutch side as it is too hard for me to worry about traveling to the French side any longer.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Hello,

In my trip to St. Marteen I only found 1 bathroom near the Market. It was clean, however you have to give a tip to use it and they give you a little wad of toilet paper.

I recommend you bring your own paper, however, the only other bathroom was at burger king and it was disgusting.

I had brought my own paper and let me tell you, it saved me.

If anyone else knows of any other public bathrooms please let us know as I also will be returning again in February.

There is a public restroom behind the Courthouse, adjacent to the 'Marketplace', but there hasn't been a Burger King downtown for years, perhaps a decade.

There IS a McDonalds, but in May the men's restroom was fine.

Especially if you suffer IBS, carrying your own tissue is a fine idea.

Note that many of the spots offering beach chair rentals along Great Bay Beach are associated with the restaurants and hotels that do offer bathroom facilities.

Obviously almost any spot you choose to have lunch (but not all) would probably have a restroom.

gary

When downtown, I always use the restroom at McDonald's. They usually keep it reasonably clean, it's conveniently located and we make sure to at least buy a diet coke or something so I don't feel bad using their facilities. :)

All our travels in Europe, if we needed restrooms, unless we were going for lunch or whatever, we got in the habit of looking for McD's and Burger Kings as they almost always keep the facilities in decent condition.

When downtown, I always use the restroom at McDonald's. They usually keep it reasonably clean, it's conveniently located and we make sure to at least buy a diet coke or something so I don't feel bad using their facilities. :)

All our travels in Europe, if we needed restrooms, unless we were going for lunch or whatever, we got in the habit of looking for McD's and Burger Kings as they almost always keep the facilities in decent condition.

Agree..we too always buy a coke in McD's etc. to use the restroom...however this doesn't work in China...they don't have restrooms in the ones we visited ...It's at times even hard to find a "squatty potty" there :eek: