Beverage packages?

Granny pants

I agree that they must keep track of the inventory but I believe Celebrity does that by swiping the card with every drink request. I just don't understand the need for a signature.
The signature is a way for them to verify that you actually ordered and received the drink. Otherwise the bar staff could swipe your card a couple of times or enter in your folio number again later and then they do whatever they want with those extra drinks.

Yes, it will cover any beverage on Princess Cays that does not cost more than $10.

The reason the soda package did not cover soda at Princess Cays is that it only covers soda from "soda guns", not cans, and there are only cans at Princess Cays.

So, I could have gotten a virgin drink on the card, just not a canned Coke. Well, duh on me! At least I'll know it this time (we sail in 9 days, woohoo!).

Any chance the Unlimited Soda and More package includes the bottled water? I drink more of that than anything, but would be more than willing to try smoothies, if available.

Edited by tntfox

Yes, it will cover any beverage on Princess Cays that does not cost more than $10.

The reason the soda package did not cover soda at Princess Cays is that it only covers soda from "soda guns", not cans, and there are only cans at Princess Cays.

It's amazing to me how much you can learn on these boards .Right down to per drink charges . It does help as most of us don't want to be bled half to death on the ship .

I drink, my wife does not. Does anyone know if both of us have to order the drink package as you do on Carnival, or can I get the alchohol package and get her the soft drink package?

Is there any limit other than obvious intoxication limits on the drinks?

No & No. Both of you do not have to purchase the package and there is no limit specified.

Just off the royal. Everyone can have different packages. My daughter didnt drink but bought the coffee card. Worked out great.

Do you know if she could get the complimentary Hot Chocolate (along with brewed coffee & tea) using the coffee card? Or is hot chocalate only included with the Unlimited Soda & More package?

Thank you!

~~~~~~~

Karen

Do you know if she could get the complimentary Hot Chocolate (along with brewed coffee & tea) using the coffee card? Or is hot chocalate only included with the Unlimited Soda & More package?

On most Princess ships, the coffee card includes no-charge hot chocolate.

On the Pacific and the Ocean, that has not been included.

• 1 month later...
We will be getting the unlimited drink plan, but, is it better to purchase the plan before the cruise or get it onboard? a friend has been told by Princess to get it onboard because its cheaper.
It's the same price, $49 per day plus 15% gratuity, either way. People are sometimes afraid of being charged additional local sales tax if they purchase onboard. If you tell us where you're cruising from/to people can advise you if you need to be concerned about this at all.

We were just on a B2B 14 days on the Ruby. We got the drink package and they had a deal where if 2 people in the cabin get the package you get 1 day for free so only paying for 6 days saving $100. We did this for both weeks. The package is not taxed, the only tax you have to pay is on any drinks you have while in USA port or waters. You are taxed the same as any passenger who buys a drink before sailing.

It's the same price, $49 per day plus 15% gratuity, either way. People are sometimes afraid of being charged additional local sales tax if they purchase onboard. If you tell us where you're cruising from/to people can advise you if you need to be concerned about this at all.

We will be getting the unlimited drink plan, but, is it better to purchase the plan before the cruise or get it onboard? a friend has been told by Princess to get it onboard because its cheaper. Anyone done this with Princess??

When we bought our All Inclusive shortly after embarkation in SFO, Princess made a point of telling us that the charge wouldn't appear on our account until we were in international waters - that way we wouldn't pay taxes.......and they were true to their word :D

Edited by The CRuIseLLS

When we bought our All Inclusive shortly after embarkation in SFO, Princess made a point of telling us that the charge wouldn't appear on our account until we were in international waters - that way we wouldn't pay taxes.......and they were true to their word :D

Thank you, that is a big help. Since our cruise is at sea the first 2 days we will take full advantage of this, CHEER'S

Just off the Royal this morning. I pre-purchased this prior to our 10 day trip. The value was well worth the cost for us. I am a huge espresso drinker, water drinker, wine @ 40% off a bottle under $100 and enjoyed my soda by the can as well. Not to mention the cocktails! Excellent deal for us. Enjoy :)