Home Port Advisory

rs12065

I was looking at excursions for my upcoming (January 24th, 2015) cruise on the Valor. I noticed that under excursions from Fort Lauderdale was an "excursion" titled "Home Port Advisory". The cost was $0.01 and minimum age was 99. What's that all about? Anyone have any idea why and what this is?

Huh?

The website designers allocate a spot to insert a shore excursion at a later time. Sometimes, these spots may erroneously show when the general public is accessing the website, which seems to be the case here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Actually you can sign up for it and it could be worth it....

What it does is allow Carnival to send you port informaiton, like parking lots, weather alerts, late sailings, ect... to your phone to keep you informed. Does not cost anything.

Kind of like the Airlines alert system...

Its an advisory. To advise. About the Home Port. :D

I was told its there because many were asking/waiting for their post-cruise excursion offerings to show up, but for many ports it would be a looooooong wait because not all ports offer them.

I think it came from a pissed off passenger... "Well then you shoulda told me, so I wasn't wasting my time!!!!!"

btw, they said they kept raising the minimum age because people kept booking it. :rolleyes: Must be nice to have that much time on their hands...

Actually you can sign up for it and it could be worth it....

What it does is allow Carnival to send you port informaiton, like parking lots, weather alerts, late sailings, ect... to your phone to keep you informed. Does not cost anything.

Kind of like the Airlines alert system...

Not true. If it was, only 99 year olds would be informed. :D

And your point is........:rolleyes:

Most are that age..................:eek:

Lookout fire storm...........................:D

Huh?? :confused:

..allow Carnival to send you port informaiton, like parking lots, weather alerts, late sailings, ect... to your phone to keep you informed...

I'm saying that it wouldn't be a very effective optional sign up program, if the only ones being allowed to sign up for it would have to meet the requirement of being a minimum of 99 years old. :eek:

Huh?? :confused:

I'm saying that it wouldn't be a very effective optional sign up program, if the only ones being allowed to sign up for it would have to meet the requirement of being a minimum of 99 years old. :eek:

Never mind you did not get it.....

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...