New Price Drops on NCL Site!

ilovetotravel1977

Fuel for your voyage was likely paid for a year ago as the lines buy contracts to stabilize prices over the long term.

No one is going to drop prices now as many of the U.S. Oil fields will likely shutter until prices go back up. The oil tar/sand/shake fields need oil to be above a certain price to make money at all.

Gas always goes down after summer anyway, it is just doing it more than normal right now. Once production drops it will creep up again.

The prices just got down to what we paid on 3/15/14 for our 2/22/15 cruise. Still no drops and there are 10 cabins open on our deck. Can't understand why they are not dropping in view of current fuel costs.

We're in the same boat on the price of our cruise - I've been keeping a sharp eye on it but it's never gone anywhere but up! We're in an aft balcony on the March 8 2015 Epic sailing and prices are over $300 pp more than we paid!

It's too early for a significant price drop for an end February cruise. Check in early- mid January and then again about 3 weeks before.

Our Alaska cruise has gone up $630 since we booked, I doubt very much that it will come down before final payment.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Just an update since I last posted this info ............. as of 10 minutes ago, our cruise is now up over $1100 since we booked. I don't understand where everyone's getting excited about price drops, ours certainly haven't. :mad:

Oh MY ! ! ! just realized this post will be my 1000 ! I guess I just joined the 4 digit club lol.

cheers...the Ump...:D

The prices on my next cruise have been steadily dropping. The cruise is still 3 1/2 weeks away so they will probably drop further again. I decided to upgrade today and pay the small difference to get the balcony cabin. If prices keep dropping I guess we'll just get into a better category. Very happy to be in a balcony! Now I'll just have to keep watching the prices for my next cruise!

I just called NCL, mine went down a total of $240 and they changed my rate, no questions asked! I didnt know this was possible, thank you so so much for posting about this, I need every penny I can save on this trip! How often can this be done? If it keeps dropping can I get the rate changed every time or is it a one time deal? Thanks everyone for your help!

Last month I booked a Mid ship balcony suite. On Monday my NCL guy called an offered me a Haven Front Facing Suite for $450.00 more. I'm a first timer but from all I've read that seemed like a good deal. I jumped on it. The wifey is ecstatic!

Countdown ........

@mamaduran2, I'm not very experienced with this, but I believe you can get as many price drops as occur until final payment. I just did it twice within 3 days for one booking.

Sent from my son's iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

We have the Kids Sail Free Promo so it is going to be hard to beat that. The prices for 1 & 2 have dropped but, by the time we pay for 3 & 4 again, we would be paying more in the long run. Bummer, but oh well! Getting excited!!! Sounds like we couldn't change now anyway, due to final payment already being made.

Edited by GoofyCrew