Tours to the French Side of St. Maarteen?

cruisingbajan

Can anyone tell me if there are any tours offered to the French side of the island? My wife really wants to go the french side on our upcoming cruise.

Any info on how long it will take and cost is really appreciated.

Can we get a decent/reasonably priced tour if we just get off and try the waiting operators or would it be better to pre-book?

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me if there are any tours offered to the French side of the island? My wife really wants to go the french side on our upcoming cruise.

Any info on how long it will take and cost is really appreciated.

Can we get a decent/reasonably priced tour if we just get off and try the waiting operators or would it be better to pre-book?

Thanks in advance.

The island is small. Tours include parts of both sides of the island generally. We rent a car so I can't recommend any tours.

On the French side Orient Beach, Grand Case and Marigot are places that she would probably enjoy seeing.

The island is small. Tours include parts of both sides of the island generally. We rent a car so I can't recommend any tours.

On the French side Orient Beach, Grand Case and Marigot are places that she would probably enjoy seeing.

Thanks so an island tour would allow us to encompass the whole island?

Would any tour we take allow us a couple of hours for shopping on the French side?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

We're renting a car from Hertz for $72, including insurance.

They weren't the absolute cheapest, but they weren't far off.

We choose them because of their location right at the pier and because they're open later than some other agencies.

What is the cost of a rental for the day?

Thanks again.

It ranges. I have seen people say that they were quoted $50. We paid $92 or $94 but that was from Hertz right at the pier with 5-7 ships in each of those days. There was 5 of us twice and 4 the other time so the cost was rather inexpensive per person. When you only have 2 people you have to think that with gas and possibly insurance you may actually be better off price wise by using taxi's or taking a tour.

If you just need two hours of shopping in Marigot, I think a taxi is your only choice for transport, two one-ways. (Unless you want to venture out on the public bus system.)

The information that I have shows that a taxi for two to Marigot should be $15 - $18, and declining if you/they find other riders to travel with you down to as low as $6 per person.

For the journey, I would allow 45 minutes each way, but hope for closer to 30 minutes.

If you want to see more of the French Side than just Marigot, then your options would be different.

gary

Thanks for all the info guys, it is extremely helpful and we certainly will weigh our options. It will actually be 3 of us as our daughter will be with us.

I am assuming that there will be taxis readily available in Marigot to take us back to Phillipsburg should we take that option.

Thanks for all the info guys, it is extremely helpful and we certainly will weigh our options. It will actually be 3 of us as our daughter will be with us.

I am assuming that there will be taxis readily available in Marigot to take us back to Phillipsburg should we take that option.

I always see them over in the parking lot near the ferry terminal at the waterfront.

We had an excellent tour in St Martin just by walking off the ship and approaching the taxi display area. See if Sonja is available she was articulate , informative, and fun to be with. We paid $30 pp to go to both the Dutch and French sides, with shopping, history, look out points, beach stops etc. It was suppose to be for 3 hours but she gave us 5 hour tour! There were six of us together, but prices were more or less depending on the number of people. Our driver waited in the lot with other drivers at each stop and we were free to stay longer or leave earlier- no problems all day. Very customized.

We spent time shopping on the French side, I am pretty sure if you tell them what you want the taxi dispatcher will match you up with a driver who can do it. We went with the island tour option, but like I said it was very flexible.

It was very organized & professional taxi area with boards that included maps and photos of tour options. Rates and options clearly displayed. Safe and clean vehicles too.

We went on Oct 4 which was the off season so rates could have been lower then.

Edited by CMM

If you decide to do this by taxi, I would HIGHLY suggest that you have the taxi from the Cruise Facility drop you at the foot of the steps to Fort Louis, where you could make the relatively short climb up to the Fort, looking out above Marigot with a fantastic view, then walk down to Marigot proper to explore and shop.

th_DSCN5546.jpg

(click)

gary

If you decide to do this by taxi, I would HIGHLY suggest that you have the taxi from the Cruise Facility drop you at the foot of the steps to Fort Louis, where you could make the relatively short climb up to the Fort, looking out above Marigot with a fantastic view, then walk down to Marigot proper to explore and shop.

th_DSCN5546.jpg

(click)

gary

I agree. I love the views from the fort.:)

We had an excellent tour in St Martin just by walking off the ship and approaching the taxi display area. See if Sonja is available she was articulate , informative, and fun to be with. We paid $30 pp to go to both the Dutch and French sides, with shopping, history, look out points, beach stops etc. It was suppose to be for 3 hours but she gave us 5 hour tour! There were six of us together, but prices were more or less depending on the number of people. Our driver waited in the lot with other drivers at each stop and we were free to stay longer or leave earlier- no problems all day. Very customized.

We spent time shopping on the French side, I am pretty sure if you tell them what you want the taxi dispatcher will match you up with a driver who can do it. We went with the island tour option, but like I said it was very flexible.

It was very organized & professional taxi area with boards that included maps and photos of tour options. Rates and options clearly displayed. Safe and clean vehicles too.

We went on Oct 4 which was the off season so rates could have been lower then.

More Excellent info. As of this moment taking a taxi from the cruise facility is the front runner.

Thanks again. Any more info/advice will be greatly appreciated.:)

th_DSCN5546.jpg

(click)

gary

View looks awesome. Thanks (placed on my to do list.:D)