Amsterdam Hotel Help

wally8

I am looking to book a hotel room in Amsterdam for a 3 night pre-cruise stay next August and am considering the Doubletree, Crown Plaza and Marriot. I would appreciate any comments from those who have stayed in these which would be recommended? We want to see the sights such as Ann Frank and others and are willing to walk. Thanks for your help. Bob

Doubletree will be very nice. Great location, not that far from AF house as well as the cruise terminal. Absolutely mske online reservation for Af house in time, so you can skip thr long lines.

We stayed at the Singel Hotel and would do so again. CLose enough to the train station you can work with luggage but not too close. Good breakfast, clean rooms, friendly staff. Right on the Singel canal. Amsterdam is very easy to get around.

Amsterdam, like any city offers a wide range of options and I would never suggest or imply my advice is equal to, or better than INE whose advice I have followed many times.

My advice is not to limit yourself to the three hotels your name, they are all good and offer service equal to their rating. The Hilton Doubletree is in an ideal location for Centraal Station and the Amsterdam Passenger Terminal, it is though in my view overpriced.

Of the three you name, I would chose the Crown Plaza for location, although it's not far from the Hilton it does offer a cheaper alternative. The Marriott is in a good location, near the Museumplein and Vondelpark but is farther out.

Amsterdam is very easily accessible from most Centrum Hotels, using the the tram network is easy and cost effective. In October we spent three nights and travelled extensively for 12Euros for a 48hr ticket.

Before limiting your choices to the three hotels your name, check out The Estherea and the Inntel all of which are, in our opinion very good and convenient.

We also stayed at the Singel Hotel, and loved the location. However it is a three star hotel, not a four or five star as the ones mentioned by OP. Rooms were on the small side, but fine for us. The Singel is a very short block from the Renaissance, and we met our Holland America transfer to the ship there and it looked lovely. That is why we chose it!

The time period we were in Amsterdam was during a convention so prices were sky high, and anything above three stars was way out of our budget!

Good luck!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

• 2 weeks later...

The Westcord Art Hotel 4 Star (they also have a 3 star with smaller rooms) was highly recommended to us by two different people who stayed there. It has a tram stop right in front of it that takes you to the city center and they say that the breakfast is wonderful.

We are booked at the Doubletree in May before our Rhine cruise. It sounds good. Hope it is. We are Hilton Honors people so we try to stay in their products when feasible. Will report back on our return. It may be a little late for your August trip but if it is awful you still might be able to find something better!