Paying for Upgraded Cabin Post Final Payment

cle-guy

I do not understand this issue Beav. If the FV is new standard rate your promotion should go with you as I understand the usual way things are done.

It is not a new booking, so your old promotion should follow.

Sometimes TA's give out unusual information, just like X reps sometimes do.

I would call again.

I've tried a number of times without success.... Each time I've tried it has been a "new booking only" rate that I tried to upgrade to and each time I was told that was for new bookings only and I could not do it even if I was looking to pay more.

I do recall that once they mentioned I could possibly do it by paying the difference between the current "new booking only" rate on my category and the "new booking only" rate on the category I wanted (ie, the price on my current cabin had dropped and perhaps if I was willing to pay the current difference they might be able to).

Good luck... but like others have said, the policy seems clear but Celebrity doesn't appear to always follow the policy.

But after final payment, when refaring cabins, there perks refare with it, so the 123 perk is no longer included during this period, even for a fare increase. maybe this is how the TA says they will lose it.

I have been able to keep the perks after promotion if I am paying difference to a standard fare. That is often tricky, sometimes finding what is standard is difficult, and sometimes the only price offered is discounted.

The book onboard promotion is sold as being upgradeable and transferable, with all incentives following. I hope they keep this promise.