Carnival Miracle - Case of Water???

PekingeseLady

No you cannot. Any water or soda brought on board needs to be in your carry on. If you don't want that hassle, Bon Voyage is now selling water "packages" for delivery to your stateroom that are quite a bit less expensive than buying them individually on the ship.

Edited by momof3cruisers

You can still lug water on board yourself, you just can't check it as luggage as was asked by the OP. From Carnival FAQs page:

"On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less."

Edited by sanmarcosman

Oh, wow! I didn't know you couldn't still do this. We are sailing on Saturday and had planned on taking aboard a case of water. Bummer. :(

Water is perfectly drinakable on the ship. Just take a insulated cup with you.

Our last cruise we just purchased a case from bon voyage prior to sailing. It's only $20 for 24 bottles. Takes the hassle out of lugging water on.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

OK, TY all very much. I am 13 days till sailing, can I still order BV?

Water is perfectly drinakable on the ship. Just take a insulated cup with you.

I agree. I usually had bottled water during the day, but every night in the MDR, I drank the water that was served with dinner and thought it tasted fine.

Edited by HawksFan74

I agree. I usually had bottled water during the day, but every night in the MDR, I drank the water that was served with dinner and thought it tasted fine.

the water taste fine....and I am sure I will get flamed for this but my last cruise I drank bottled 95% of time and got off ship with no swollen ankles and my rings not to tight....don't tell me it is the food....I ate the same as I always do but usually get off swollen. It might not do this to some but does to me so I plan on ordering a case and buying more in port if need be.

Can the bottled water be kept cold in the cabin refrigerators? Sorry, I can't remember from my last cruise, but is the fridge filled with stuff to purchase or is it empty?

Also, I think I remember from a previous thread that the fridges are baaaaarely cold? Like, practically room temperature? True for most, or was that just a fluke somebody had?

Thanks. :)

Can the bottled water be kept cold in the cabin refrigerators? Sorry, I can't remember from my last cruise, but is the fridge filled with stuff to purchase or is it empty?

Also, I think I remember from a previous thread that the fridges are baaaaarely cold? Like, practically room temperature? True for most, or was that just a fluke somebody had?

Thanks. :)

the fridge is filled but you can ask them to remove everything

all the refrigerators are barely cold

No you cannot. Any water or soda brought on board needs to be in your carry on. If you don't want that hassle, Bon Voyage is now selling water "packages" for delivery to your stateroom that are quite a bit less expensive than buying them individually on the ship.

I still take a case of water on with me. And they have never denied me to check. I just put it in a duffle or rolling bag and then put a room tag on it. And my husband does the same with a case of Pepsi. They always deliver it. We last went in September. and I have sailed the Miracle a couple of times and booked again for April. They always put that you cannot in the rules because they would rather you buy their water.

We did this in March on the Miracle.

Brought a case in a small Rollin suitcase.

Security opened the brand new case and shook about 6 bottles but other than that it was very nice to have water bottles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruznjuly

• 7 months later...
On our last cruise we saw a few people with cases of water attached to their rollaway suitcases. We will do the same on our cruise in Nov. :)

Hate to be the one with bad news....but you won't be carrying water on your November cruise :( as of today, you can no longer carry on any bottled beverages :/

On our last cruise we saw a few people with cases of water attached to their rollaway suitcases. We will do the same on our cruise in Nov. :)

Sorry, can't carry on bottled water anymore. You can however, pre-order bottled water delivered to your stateroom for $2.99 per 12-pack.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2219934

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6398

Nope. Effective yesterday, no plastic containers. The original post here was from last year. As others have posted, water can be purchased prior to sailing or once on board.

Copied and pasted from the CCL web site:

For cruises starting on or after July 9, 2015, a change to our Liquor and Beverage Policy will take effect where guests will no longer be allowed to bring on board water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages packaged in bottles. Additionally, any confiscated items will also be discarded.

Bottled Water

We know some of our guests are accustomed to bringing on their own supply of bottled water so as part of this new policy we have significantly reduced the pricing for bottled water (purified water) which will be conveniently delivered directly to guest staterooms. Pricing is as follows:

$2.99 USD (plus tax) for a 12-pack of 500 ML of bottled water for pre-cruise purchase. Please visit The Fun Shops or http://www.carnival.com/funshops to place your order before your cruise (up to the day prior to sailing) to ensure we have an ample supply onboard. Once onboard, the purchase is non-refundable; guests may take home unopened bottles.

$4.99 USD (plus gratuities) for a 12-pack of 500 ML of bottled water for purchase onboard. Once onboard, guests can no longer purchase water through http://www.carnival.com/funshops - the last day to purchase online is the day prior to sailing.

Distilled Water

Guests may bring on board distilled water for use with a CPAP machine or nursery water for families with babies and packed in carry-on luggage.Distilled water may also be purchased onboard at $3.00 USD per gallon by contacting Room Service. The CPAP machine must be packed in carry-on luggage.