washing bedspread thread made me think of pillows

mysaddlebred000

Ok, after reading that thread I just can't help but post about the pillows. There was a thread posted a year or maybe two ago about balcony chairs and how uncomfortable they were. A very well known poster here posted that she takes one of the pillows off the bed and uses it as a seat cushion on her balcony chair to make it more comfortable. That just made my stomach sick. I sleep with my face in my pillow. Now she travels solo so she could use one of the other ones on the bed but I really hate that my wife pointed that thread out to me because, now, everytime she posts I think about the pillow that she sat on and hope I am not in that cabin on the next cruise.

Ok, after reading that thread I just can't help but post about the pillows. There was a thread posted a year or maybe two ago about balcony chairs and how uncomfortable they were. A very well known poster here posted that she takes one of the pillows off the bed and uses it as a seat cushion on her balcony chair to make it more comfortable. That just made my stomach sick. I sleep with my face in my pillow. Now she travels solo so she could use one of the other ones on the bed but I really hate that my wife pointed that thread out to me because, now, everytime she posts I think about the pillow that she sat on and hope I am not in that cabin on the next cruise.

As long as she had her shorts or something on its better then a slobbered on pillow, which some people soak when sleeping

Totally agree about the ick factor on the pillows. Just off the CB 3 days ago and the problem was exacerbated by the fact that one of the pillows was a king-size pillow in a regular-size pillowcase. So it was extremely poufy and puffy when stuffed in the case, but after 20 minutes of use, the uncovered, potentially slobbered-on, sat-on end of it popped out of the case. Ick.

And those upholstered headboards in the cabins? Yeah, ick.

Um, don't you guys ever stay in hotels? Ain't no different.

At least pillows don't give you malaria, dengue, chikungunya, salmonella, shigella, rickettsia, Lyme disease, yellow fever, hepatitis etc etc etc, all of which you could catch while travelling ... OK, it's not likely, but just trying to get it into perspective.

Edited by jollyjones

Um, don't you guys ever stay in hotels? Ain't no different.

Hotels are worse you could have 7 different slobbery people on your pillow the week before.At least on most cruises its the same person for the week. It doesn't bother me i slobber to .

OK, this thread interests me.

I have apartments that I rent out to a corporations doing executive relocation. I am very particular about pillows, sheet, blankets and anything that touches ones body. After each stay when the cleaners arrive we go over mattresses and pads, any badly stained or flat iffy pillows get tossed and the others get washed, I have a special cycle for that on my machine and works wonders. My partner says I overdo it, I say not. I do however get compliments on the cleanliness of the apartments when guests arrive.

I understand that they can't go to this level but just ask to double up on the pillow cases or new pillows if they're particularly unpleasant. Can't do much about the headboards.

After reading this I now know I'm on the right track and I'm going to make him read this thread.

........... A very well known poster here posted that she takes one of the pillows off the bed and uses it as a seat cushion on her balcony chair to make it more comfortable. That just made my stomach sick. I sleep with my face in my pillow. Now she travels solo so she could use one of the other ones on the bed but I really hate that my wife pointed that thread out to me because, now, everytime she posts I think about the pillow that she sat on and hope I am not in that cabin on the next cruise.

At least, as she pointed out, she only did it on one cruise and now travels in an inside or ocean view cabin. Just don't book that particular ship that she did it on and you won't have to worry about it. Well, at least not getting her pillow ( but, no telling how many others may have done the same thing on other ships....). I'm just glad to see clean pillow cases, sheets and duvet covers on the bed when we get in the cabin. :cool:

Thumper69, good for you.

ar1950, oh dear - you must have read that post. I don't remember her saying that she only did it once. Now that I think about it she only stays in insides and oceanviews. It must have been an upgrade.

But like you said - how many others are there. Or even at the desk chair.

I see many people bringing there own pillows. I like a real flat one and most are so fat - and it probably is a king or queen pillow in a standard case. My wife does look over the pillows and asks does ask for a second pillowcase or, a new pillow. I check out a hotel room before we say we will take it. Bedspread comes off first.

I didn't mention it before but since our daughter is a doctor, has talked about how bad IBS is for some people (aunt had it) and many people can't leave their homes until late morning because of it. Anal leakage is caused by more things and not just being a side effect of certain pills. So there could be more on those pillows than just a little odor from passing gas.

So everyday be thankful for being healthy.

We bring our own synthetic nylon pillow cases. My wife like them better than the cotton ones supplied. Once in our stateroom, I will wipe down the life jacket with two large Antibacterial hand wipes, especially around the collar area. Next I will wipe down the upholstery backing on the head board and finally the TV remote controller and telephone. Crazy? Well, not unless you've been ill before, it's so worthwhile just to stay healthy.

Speaking of pillows, the pillows on the Royal Princess were so comfy my friend asked the room steward what brand they were and he gave her a label from a pillow so she could try and find them on line. They were very nice, one softer and one firm. Both were Queen/King size on the twin beds.

shredie,

No, not the hospital but a bookstore to find a "how to" book.:D

Be sure and post the title of the book that you find..........:eek:

BTW, the lady posted that she quit getting balcony cabins because the new furniture was so uncomfortable. Even using the pillow didn't help so a balcony became unusable for her. She said that she was happy to get an inside so she could use the savings to book the Sanctuary. :cool:

Be sure and post the title of the book that you find..........:eek:

BTW, the lady posted that she quit getting balcony cabins because the new furniture was so uncomfortable. Even using the pillow didn't help so a balcony became unusable for her. She said that she was happy to get an inside so she could use the savings to book the Sanctuary. :cool:

Where, OMG, SHE'S SITTING ON THE CUSHION!!!! So better not book the Sanctuary, either. In fact, think of all those chairs all over the ship -- other people's behinds have been on them, too!!!!!

Edited by rdsqrl