An Original Stephen Card......Mariner

sail7seas

How great would it be to own an original painting by our very own member Stephen Card (Prinsendam is his 'nickname) to have hanging on a wall in your home???!!!

I'd love to have such a treasure and am green with envy for

MARINER and his DW who just got their painting back from the framer and Sea Venture is now in their home.

I always love viewing all of Mr. Card's beautiful ship's paintings whenever we are aboard.

Enjoy your painting, Mariner.....I know it will give you both a lot of pleasure.

Thanks Sail.

We had to wrestle it away from the framer, she loved it so much and said it was the nicest painting in her shop. When we first showed it to her, she said, ``That's the Love Boat!''

We picked out a wonderful frame that compliments the colors. And it certainly is better than those black ones HAL uses to display Stephen's excellent work.

We'll be having a ``launch'' party, complete with Dark & Stormies, Planter's Punch, Aussie wine and Bermuda shorts!

Of course, you and DH are more than welcome to see her in person.

Thanks Sail.

We had to wrestle it away from the framer, she loved it so much and said it was the nicest painting in her shop. When we first showed it to her, she said, ``That's the Love Boat!''

We picked out a wonderful frame that compliments the colors. And it certainly is better than those black ones HAL uses to display Stephen's excellent work.

We'll be having a ``launch'' party, complete with Dark & Stormies, Planter's Punch, Aussie wine and Bermuda shorts!

Of course, you and DH are more than welcome to see her in person.

We'd LOVE to come to that Party, Mariner!!!! Okay if we bring some of our 'mutual friends' with us??? :) I think they'd love seeing you and your Sea Venture just as much as we would.

Many thanks all your kind comments!:o

I'm hard at work finishing off the last painting for the new NOORDAM. I started off painting the ship at anchor at Half Moon Cay. Last week I 'discover' that the ship ain't going there!!!!!! In fact she issn't planned to go to Half moon Cay at any time in teh near future! Got the sandpaper out and have have to re- work the scene. I've been able to keep the ship part in the painting but everything else, including sky had had to eb re-done. So... insytead of the beach and Half moon Cay... we now have NOORDAM outbound from King's Wharf in Bermuda!!!

She will be calling twice each year on her repositioning voyages. I've even managed to include the Bermuda tag "FAITHFUL'. I was first captain on FAITHFUL on her delivery voyage from UK to Bermuda in 1990. I'm going to try to work in my brother's sport fishing boat 'CHALLENGER' as well!;)

Stephen

Stephen,

We are just back from our trip on the Maasdam - Boston to Rotterdam - and every day on the ship we passed one of your lovely paintings and naturally I would think of you.

Mariner,

You are so lucky to have an original. Well done and please enjoy our wonderful "aussie" wine at your launch party.

Jennie

hello steven just saw your reply and had to write i sailed with both you and your wife last fll on the statendam,enjoyed your company and am now booked on the zuiderdam for the november sailing. will be enjoying your art then and my next new thing to try is"grappa" wish me luck enjoyed hearing from you. where can i get your book i have tried the book stores to no avail. debbie in ny(kruise53@aol.com).keep thoose paintings coming.!!!!!!!!!say hello to your wife for me.

Archived