Disney Gift Cards

TammyC

We have purchased gift cards with our Target Red Card and got 5% off. Recently my husband got a Target Red Card for another one of our accounts and got an additional 5% off coupon to use this week only in addition to our 5% red card. Has anyone tried to use this to get a 10% off on the gift cards? I'm crossing my fingers.

We have purchased gift cards with our Target Red Card and got 5% off. Recently my husband got a Target Red Card for another one of our accounts and got an additional 5% off coupon to use this week only in addition to our 5% red card. Has anyone tried to use this to get a 10% off on the gift cards? I'm crossing my fingers.

I'd be interested in know this also. I know that there was a time you could stack the 5% Red Card savings with the 5% pharmacy rewards, but Target stopped that about 6 months ago.

Is there anything printed on the coupon as to whether it is (or isn't) combinable with any other discount offers?

Even at 5% off, this represents a significant savings on your cruise. If you can "stack" them and get 10%, so much the better. One hint--you need to keep the cards until after you cruise. If for any reason you are owed a refund, it will be refunded to the card that was used to make the payment.

There IS a way to get the refund without the card, but it is complex and time consuming.

Target is offering 10% off target cards on either Black Friday or on Thanksgiving. So, I am wondering if I pay with my redcard will I get an additional 5% off? Then in turn use my newly purchased target gift cards to purchase Disney cards? 15% off is quite tempting

Target is offering 10% off target cards on either Black Friday or on Thanksgiving. So, I am wondering if I pay with my redcard will I get an additional 5% off? Then in turn use my newly purchased target gift cards to purchase Disney cards? 15% off is quite tempting

If you use a Target gift card to purchase the Disney gift cards, there is no 5% discount. That only applies if you use the Red card to purchase. EDIT: I see your asking about purchasing the Target gift card with a Red Card. You can't purchase Target gift cards with a Red Card. Well, you can use the Red Card to purchase them, but there's no 5% discount.

But 10% is better than 5%.

Couple things, you must purchase between 6 am and noon (local time in your store) or 6 am-noon Central time if buying online, and there's a $300 maximum per household.

And can't be used until the next day, at the earliest.

Edited by Shmoo here

If you use a Target gift card to purchase the Disney gift cards, there is no 5% discount. That only applies if you use the Red card to purchase. EDIT: I see your asking about purchasing the Target gift card with a Red Card. You can't purchase Target gift cards with a Red Card. Well, you can use the Red Card to purchase them, but there's no 5% discount.

But 10% is better than 5%.

Couple things, you must purchase between 6 am and noon (local time in your store) or 6 am-noon Central time if buying online, and there's a $300 maximum per household.

And can't be used until the next day, at the earliest.

If I understand correctly...You can purchase a maximum $300 per household PER STORE. I have about 5 Targets in my area that I plan on visiting to pick up my gift cards. Has anyone else heard any different?

If I understand correctly...You can purchase a maximum $300 per household PER STORE. I have about 5 Targets in my area that I plan on visiting to pick up my gift cards. Has anyone else heard any different?

I don't know. All I know is the ad says "per household". It doesn't specify whether that's per store or if it means totally.

n5fz0i.jpg

Good luck with hitting 5 stores and getting that to work out. I do know is if you have a Discover Card, you can order online at midnight and get an extra 5%, so you would get a full 15% discount on $300 purchase of Disney gift cards. Other than that all I have found is the Target 10% on $300 per household.

Please let everyone know if you pull it off.

Good luck with hitting 5 stores and getting that to work out. I do know is if you have a Discover Card, you can order online at midnight and get an extra 5%, so you would get a full 15% discount on $300 purchase of Disney gift cards. Other than that all I have found is the Target 10% on $300 per household.

Please let everyone know if you pull it off.

Sorry, I'm not understanding - the 10% off is on Target Gift Cards, not Disney Gift Cards. You cannot use Target Gift Cards to purchase Disney Gift cards and get the 5% Red Card discount.

And the 10% off Target Gift Cards is valid 6am-noon on the 28th only. Not at midnight.

Edited by Shmoo here

Sorry, I'm not understanding - the 10% off is on Target Gift Cards, not Disney Gift Cards. You cannot use Target Gift Cards to purchase Disney Gift cards and get the 5% Red Card discount.

And the 10% off Target Gift Cards is valid 6am-noon on the 28th only. Not at midnight.

Your right about the 6 am, I misunderstood my wife. To clarify if you buy a $300 target card for 10% off with a Discover Card online there is a 5% kickback from Discover. You have to have the particular Discover card that has that benefit, which I do. Then you take the Target card and purchase the Disney Card from Target.

My understanding is the Red Card 5% will not be honored as you have stated. Target may end up changing the rules because they know Disney Fanatics will be all over any method that saves them some money.

I guess will just have to see how it all plays out :).

Your right about the 6 am, I misunderstood my wife. To clarify if you buy a $300 target card for 10% off with a Discover Card online there is a 5% kickback from Discover. You have to have the particular Discover card that has that benefit, which I do. Then you take the Target card and purchase the Disney Card from Target.

My understanding is the Red Card 5% will not be honored as you have stated. Target may end up changing the rules because they know Disney Fanatics will be all over any method that saves them some money.

I guess will just have to see how it all plays out :).

OK, thanks for clearing that up. :)

I'm so glad I read this thread! I want to make sure I'm understanding this strategy correctly: On black Friday, I purchase Target gift cards at Target at a 10% discount, then later I return to Target and use my purchased Target gift card to purchase a Disney gift card? So when all is said and done, I could get a $100 Disney giftcard for $80?

I'm so glad I read this thread! I want to make sure I'm understanding this strategy correctly: On black Friday, I purchase Target gift cards at Target at a 10% discount, then later I return to Target and use my purchased Target gift card to purchase a Disney gift card? So when all is said and done, I could get a $100 Disney giftcard for $80?

I hope someone will answer this question, I want to know too!

Not quite, you will initially save $10 on each $100 card, which comes out to $90. The most you cane save is $30 on a maximum $300 card purchase from Target. However, some Discover cards will also give you a 5% kickback if the purchase was done online. That means you have to buy your Target gift cards with a participating Discovery card during the sale window. When it all said and done that your maximum saving would be $45 on a $300 Disney gift card purchase. Again, this will only work if Target doesn't put up any new restrictions.

Wow, am I not thinking very straight this morning... Early Monday mornings are not a good time to make math calculations... I was just thinking about my earlier post, and realized I mis-calculated a 10% savings on $100 (yikes!!! don't let my kids see that). Oh well, if this does work out and I can save some money on Disney gift cards for our upcoming trip, I'll take what I can get.

• 2 weeks later...

:DJust bought $300 worth of Disney gift cards using the Target gift cards that I purchased during yesterday's Black Friday 10% discount!!! YIPEEE it worked great, and I never had to leave my house! I bought $300 worth of Target giftcards for $270 online yesterday, then today I bought 6 $50 Disney giftcards and am having them shipped (for free) to my house - wow that was so easy.

Thanks for suggestion Cruise Critic community!