Oceania Questions

ctinkle

My spouse and I are experienced cruisers having been on most of the mass market lines. Lately our preferences have been Windstar and SilverSeas. I have a few questions for you experienced Oceania cruisers. We are looking at the Istanbul to Venice or Rome to Istanbul this spring and summer. The prices look good.

On Oceania are tips included, and if not, can the standard amount be charged to your shipboard account?

Do categories A and B have a mini bar? I can't find it in the brochure.

Are water, coffee and soft drinks included or do we sign chits every time we have a drink?

Are binoculars provided in the suite in category A or B?

We don't take many ship's shore excursions, maybe 2 or 3 per cruise. How is the excursion desk as far as help to go to local areas on your own? Do they have a lecture series for those not taking the ship sponsored excursions? Do they provide local maps, etc.? On previous cruises, shuttle busses are often provided to town centre. Has this been your experience with Oceania and what would you say the percentage of ports with complimentary service?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

C & C Tinkle

They add tips to your shipboard account automatically.

I think it is $11. per day /pp and if you have a butler more

No shuttles as yet but Mr del Rio posted in another thread he will look into that.

Soft drink and bottles water are not free but they do have self serve counter in The Terrace where you can get Iced Tea, lemonade, water, tea, coffee and hot chocolate

On our Black Sea cruise in July, shuttles were provided in Constanta, Romania. The General Manager on the Insignia learned that we would be docking in a remote area with NO taxis and supplied us with a free shuttle to the center of the town which was greatly appreciated by those of us who didn't book a tour.

Sheila

Archived