can you get shareholder OBC for two cabins on same cruise?

mysaddlebred000

Simple answer to your question, as stated, is no.

Unless someone in the cabin is a shareholder they won't do it.

Quite by mistake, a couple of years ago. my wife and I took two of our adult children (Guy and Gal) and we each took one as a cabin mate. On a lark, I sent in our jointly listed stock form for each cabin and we did get OBC for each.

I had the good fortune to make close friends with a Captains Circle Host on a recent cruise and was discussing his thoughts on cabin splits like we had done. He said that Princess was trying to catch them and not give double benefits, like OBC and in the case of Elite, double Loyalty credit and mini bar setups. I agree with him.

Unless someone in the cabin is a shareholder they won't do it.

Quite by mistake, a couple of years ago. my wife and I took two of our adult children (Guy and Gal) and we each took one as a cabin mate. On a lark, I sent in our jointly listed stock form for each cabin and we did get OBC for each.

I know someone in the cabin MUST be a shareholder.

Not sure if I understand this? You and your wife, who are joint shareholders, had separate cabins with one of your children in each cabin. So is that not legal? Underage kids can't be booked in their own cabin so many people do this. Or does there have to be a separate shareholder account for each cabin - like a retirement account? thanks

Appreciate all for the fast replies.

You need a separate shareholder account for each cabin. If you and your spouse have separate shareholder accounts with at least 100 shares in each account you could book one of you in with your daughter and get the credit in each cabin.

Edited by Princess Patches

Just a little confused - not enough sleep last night.

Not final payment yet so I could make some changes.

The only account that we own the stock in right now is our joint account. But I could transfer 100 shares to one of my wife's accounts or to my daughter.

I could also book my daughter and wife in one cabin and I could go solo in the other one. Now that I think about it, my daughter could get free laundry in the suite with me and since we are elite, my wife still would get the laundry even though she won't send many of the things down. We also would get two bar set ups in the suite and she would get one in the solo cabin.

So, if we switched cabins, would our joint account get us the OBC in each cabin???

I guess I need a nap and then I might be able to think straight. Thanks for answering all my questions.

Just a little confused - not enough sleep last night.

Not final payment yet so I could make some changes.

The only account that we own the stock in right now is our joint account. But I could transfer 100 shares to one of my wife's accounts or to my daughter.

I could also book my daughter and wife in one cabin and I could go solo in the other one. Now that I think about it, my daughter could get free laundry in the suite with me and since we are elite, my wife still would get the laundry even though she won't send many of the things down. We also would get two bar set ups in the suite and she would get one in the solo cabin.

So, if we switched cabins, would our joint account get us the OBC in each cabin???

I guess I need a nap and then I might be able to think straight. Thanks for answering all my questions.

As the other folks have noted, the joint account is supposed to only wording on the Carnival site doesn't actually allow two people in separate cabins to use the same stock. If two people in separate cabins have separate accounts with 100 shares each, both should easily qualify. See:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

You are asking two questions:

If you set up a separate shareholder account for either your wife or daughter could they could get their own OBC if they are sailing in a separate cabin from you and the answer is yes.

The second question I already answered. You cannot use you and your wife's joint shareholder account to get two cabin credits by sailing in different cabins. It is one credit per shareholder account.

I understand but some answers are confusing (like my question).

Paul - your answer - "Only the shareholder can get the OBC and only for the cabin they occupy." would make you think that if each person on a joint account owns stock, then being in separate cabins would allow them to get it for both.

This is what I was looking for:

It is one credit per shareholder account.

By the way Princess Patches, you post at 1:34 was not showing when I posted at 1:47 because I pulled up the thread in a separate tab.

Sorry I would not have asked (again) if I would have seen that post.

Thanks everyone - appreciate all the time you spent posting

Easy answer would be if you had 200+ shares in the joint account. Then transfer 100 shares to a new account under the passenger name that will be in the cabin solo. Then you'd have two separate accounts with at least 100 shares each and two cabins each with a shareholder in it. That should equate to 2 shareholder OBCs.

Edited by Av8tor

I understand but some answers are confusing (like my question).

Paul - your answer - "Only the shareholder can get the OBC and only for the cabin they occupy." would make you think that if each person on a joint account owns stock, then being in separate cabins would allow them to get it for both.

This is what I was looking for:

It is one credit per shareholder account.

By the way Princess Patches, you post at 1:34 was not showing when I posted at 1:47 because I pulled up the thread in a separate tab.

Sorry I would not have asked (again) if I would have seen that post.

Thanks everyone - appreciate all the time you spent posting

If both passengers in a cabin own 100 or more shares, they only get one OBC award. I believe that if only one claims it that person gets the full amount. If both apply they each get half of the OBC.

I am not sure how they handle a joint stock account with the owners booking into different cabins.

We have 100 shares (jointly) and booked 2 cabins in the future on board for my daughter and BF and us. The Future Cruise Consultant suggested that we book my husband with BF and myself with daughter, to get shareholder credit in both cabins. Per their suggestion, we did this and we both got the shareholder credit. We also got the extra $25 for per cabin since it was our 24th cruise. Once on board, we went to the front desk and swapped keys. I did not expect this, but we were told they do this frequently.

If both names are on the account (joint) AND there are at least 200 shares jointly held, I think you will "legally" get the Shareholder Benefit for each of two cabins if one of the shareholders is booked into each of the cabins.

If you only have 100 jointly held shares, you shouldn't get two credits if booked in two different cabins but it probably isn't easy for them to connect the dots if you submit it twice. As someone who owns 400 CCL shares we get nothing extra for our additional 300 shares unless we had reason to book separate cabins and as a shareholder I don't want to hear of abuse of the privelage!

Terry

Good news. Daughter's Roth statement comes separate from her other brokerage statement and she still has the stock. I think I will transfer 100 shares out of our joint account and put in my Roth account so if we ever are in different cabins, we can both get the obc.

Thanks again for all your help.

If you only have 100 jointly held shares, you shouldn't get two credits if booked in two different cabins but it probably isn't easy for them to connect the dots if you submit it twice.
Yes, particularly since they don't want you to give them the account number. For all they know you have two different joint accounts with CCL holdings in each one.

I wouldn't call this an abuse of the privilege, since it is completely consistent with the rules as they are stated. If the joint shareholders actually sleep in different cabins on the cruise, then I see absolutely no problem with claiming the OBC for each cabin using the same 100 shares. Booking the occupants one way and then switching them around on-board is obviously gaming the system, but cruise lines seem to tolerate it.