Dive Prices

Majo

going price for a two tank boat dive at my favorite place in Key Largo is $75 including tanks and weights . . .

two tank boat dive at Sunset House Grand Cayman (not on package) is $125 (US$)

your price seems quite reasonable if this is a 2 tank boat trip - all my dives in Barbados have been 2 tank boat dives . . . but I never logged cost of the dive . .

tanks and weights should be included but you'd want to check that AND price for any other equipment you might need.

Edited by Capt_BJ

Going price for a 2-tank dive trip ranges dramatically. Cozumel is usually $75-80 where out in Hawaii it is $135-150. It is all about demand in that area.

Especially if you are getting rental gear in the package, I would say anything under $125 is a good deal anywhere. BUT it is your life, and safety, so don't just worry about cost. Sometimes the cheapest place is cheapest for a reason.

US$90.00 for a 2 tank dive in Barbados, is this a good price?

Prices vary a lot as you have probably already realized. You cannot compare the price on one island with another island, only between operators on the same island.

A few thoughts from my own experience:

Apart from price, some other things you should be considering:

• Shore or Boat dives or one of each?
  • If Boat dives what type of boat are you happy with?
  • Using rental gear --- What is actually included? Wetsuit? Dive Computer?. Does the gear look good on their website? Have other divers commented on it?
  • Is transport to and from the ship included?
  • Does the operator have good reviews? - Scubaboard/Cruise Critic/Tripadvsor.
  • How many Instructors / Staff on the boat?(If this is important to you).

Often the cheapest is not the best and can work out more expensive.

It is very easy for an operator to cut costs and deliver a "cheaper service"

• 1 month later...
MonDreamr1, who did you dive with in Barbados? Would you recommend them? Would you go back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used West Side Scuba (have to make sure I typed that correctly as I keep trying to put West Shore - which is a local shop) http://www.westsidescuba.com/

Peter the owner was very nice. The boat crew was great. It wasn't our favorite dive stop of the trip (St. Lucia, St. Maarten, Bonaire, and Curacao were the other stops we dove) - the weather was NOT very nice so we were limited in choices. We ended up on a fairly new wreck (down less than 6 months) will be great in a few years, but was so-so now. Then over under an old pier - which the DMs on the boat weren't supposed to go to because the owner frowns on it. It was more sheltered area and avoided some really rough water. We did get a vote on the boat as to where we were going after the wreck. There was a ton of sea life on the second dive. It was fun. I'd go again if we were going to different sites. If we were doing the wreck any time soon- I'm not sure. There are a lot more good sites that would have been options if the weather had been better that day.

Edited by MonDreamr1

I second the recommendation for West Side Scuba Centre. We dove with them last Wednesday. Peter arranged everything via email/phone pre-cruise. Picked us up at the ship on schedule. We had our own equipment, but those using rental gear were well taken care of, and the gear was in good shape. Small group (6 divers plus the DM as I recall). After the dive, transported back to the shop to clean our gear, then back to the ship.

Harris

Denver, CO

I'd say reasonable as long as it is a reputable operator.

For reference -We paid $99 pp for 2 tank boat with pick up & return to the ship this month in Barbados. W/o rental gear just tanks and weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you please share the name of the dive shop?