Carnival announcement scheduled for Nov.17th

jimbo5544

According to Sea Trade Insider, Carnival has scheduled and announcement for Nov 17th. Unconfirmed rumors are in regards to China and potential new start up cruise line (Carnival Corporate). Maybe a new CEO (Carnival Cruise Lines) as well?

I need some Vista news!!

Same here, but I don't think that will be it. They will make a big deal out of any Vista announcement and John Heald will be doing the announcing when it happens. Look for something around news years and with a big splash.....say in New York.;)

According to Sea Trade Insider, Carnival has scheduled and announcement for Nov 17th. Unconfirmed rumors are in regards to China and potential new start up cruise line (Carnival Corporate). Maybe a new CEO (Carnival Cruise Lines) as well?

Thanks for letting us know, jimbo, and please post the details when you see them. TIA. I agree with you that it probably has to do with a China build and a new leader. I also read about unusually high options trading for CCL this week too. Somebody knows somethin'!

http://www.benzinga.com/media/cnbc/14/11/5001411/mike-khouw-sees-unusual-options-activity-in-carnival-corporation

Edited by winddawn

Thanks for letting us know, jimbo, and please post the details when you see them. TIA. I agree with you that it probably has to do with a China build and a new leader. I also read about unusually high options trading for CCL this week too. Somebody knows somethin'!

http://www.benzinga.com/media/cnbc/14/11/5001411/mike-khouw-sees-unusual-options-activity-in-carnival-corporation

The date of record to share in dividends is coming up (11/21), that can spur the timing of investors thinking about moving on options.

If you look at the all the rumors, it seems like investors are thinking it is a combination of things listed here. There is investment speculation about Carnival making a deal to build a new ship in joint venture with the Chinese government. I would not be surprised if this were to happen, if the ship would sail as part of a new brand under the Carnival umbrella.

Not sure the hiring of a new CEO for one brand would excite investors that much. Unless it is someone with a heavy wall street reputation.

The date of record to share in dividends is coming up (11/21), that can spur the timing of investors thinking about moving on options.

If you look at the all the rumors, it seems like investors are thinking it is a combination of things listed here. There is investment speculation about Carnival making a deal to build a new ship in joint venture with the Chinese government. I would not be surprised if this were to happen, if the ship would sail as part of a new brand under the Carnival umbrella.

Not sure the hiring of a new CEO for one brand would excite investors that much. Unless it is someone with a heavy wall street reputation.

My expectation is that Carnival will announce a new brand specific to the Asian market. :-)

That all sounds pretty reasonable, especially the CEO tied to investments perspective. Be interesting if a new brand to see which features would be on a new ship with a specific clientele.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

. . .

I will certainly get yet another lecture about reading the numbers (Yes, Bill, I actually do understand how stock investments work), but yesterday's closing bell figures were of 'visual interest'.

It was the closest I've ever seen for #2 and #3.

Will probably see multiple changes in that gap immediately, but still interesting (if only briefly) to some.

RCL: 67.56

CCL: 40.43

NCLH: 40.35

Perhaps Carnival's 11/17 announcement will create some 'visual interest' as well.

I wonder if it is a new brand for china, will they take some of the existing fleet to help start it? Example maybe they take a couple of the fantasy class ships. Looking at the corporation wide fleet. It looks like the fantasy class would be the the ones to go.

Agree on all counts. That would solve a couple of problems. That being said, my guess is with the China nationalization issue, that might not work. We will see.

They should donate a whole cruise to disadvantaged inner city folks for a big holiday promotion! Then everyone would love Carnival! :) Plus it would feel good! :p

Carnival was more than generous after Katrina. They provided a ship for first responders, police, fire and city employees. They also provided meals. THEY DID NOT HAVE TO DO THAT!!!:(

Carnival was more than generous after Katrina. They provided a ship for first responders, police, fire and city employees. They also provided meals. THEY DID NOT HAVE TO DO THAT!!!:(

That is true. It was the Ecstasy and we were on the first sailing when she came back into service. Kudos to Carnival and also the crew that worked the ship when she was in NO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is true. It was the Ecstasy and we were on the first sailing when she came back into service. Kudos to Carnival and also the crew that worked the ship when she was in NO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival Corp is always the first to step in and volunteer supplies and labor after something happens where they do business. Most recently that was in Cabo, and I was on the first ship's call in Grand Turk after hurricane Ike went through, and watched crew members cleaning up and repairing buildings during our call there. Carnival Corp has an admirable history of pitching in when it's needed, and making a difference.

I'll second your kudos to Carnival, jimbo.