Do we have to get off on B2B???

old fool

Not at all. Unlike at US ports there is no requirement for the ship to be "zeroed out" on turnaround day. UK immigration inspection will likely occur on board a few days before arrival in Southampton. So enjoy a quiet day on board if you wish.

That was my experience during a Southampton turn around as well. UK authorities are just fine with anybody choosing to stay on board and sleep in until sail away.

Breakfast hours however will be much earlier to accommodate the disembarking passengers. (But if you are staying with the ship you can get room service should you so choose.)

The gym and spa will be closed until Noon.

You can also look down and observe bomb-sniffing dogs going over every pallet of provisions and supplies before they can be loaded on board.

fishywood and BlueRiband are correct. You do not have to disembark/re-embark in Soton. During the couple of times we didn't leave the ship between crossings we passed the mornings in the Commodore Club entertained by tour guides spouting misinformation to groups of travel agents.

Just want to note that it is not specific to just NYC, all USA ports require that for the ship to be cleared at the end of a back to back cruise for all passengers to be off the ship including those who are staying on for the next cruise. At the same time the crew must be cleared but do not have to get off the ship.

Each country has their own requirements whether it is the clearing of the ship or other requirements.

Keith

Only the United States Department of Homeland Security knows and they're not explaining.

Ok by me. I've experienced only one back to back QM2 cruise - it was a Caribbean cruise a few years ago. There was less than 20 passengers who were doing a B-2-B who experienced the nitty-gritty of out the zero-out procedure in Red Hook, others went shore. Based on my personal experience and observation, passengers did not object to the procedure. (Truth be told, I found it to be an interesting experience.) -S

Edited by Salacia