Getting to the next level

sawtooth

So we have cruised 3 times (all cruises 7 days or more). We are doing a 3 day at the end of the month and have a Royal 10 day planned in January.

We are currently Ruby. I know that after our fifth cruise (January) we would move up to the next level with all the perks.

Question. We have been offered an upsell for our 3 day from a mini to a suite

I know you get extra cruise credit for a paid upgrade to a suite. I can't quite figure out...if we do the upgrade to the suite (last 3 cruises were in minis) would we then have enough credits to move to the next level for our January cruise?

It would be great to be there for the 10 day January cruise instead of waiting to complete it to move up.

Any thoughts?

So we have cruised 3 times (all cruises 7 days or more). We are doing a 3 day at the end of the month and have a Royal 10 day planned in January.

We are currently Ruby. I know that after our fifth cruise (January) we would move up to the next level with all the perks.

Question. We have been offered an upsell for our 3 day from a mini to a suite

I know you get extra cruise credit for a paid upgrade to a suite. I can't quite figure out...if we do the upgrade to the suite (last 3 cruises were in minis) would we then have enough credits to move to the next level for our January cruise?

It would be great to be there for the 10 day January cruise instead of waiting to complete it to move up.

Any thoughts?

With three cruises you each now have three cruise credits. If you book a full suite, whether or not it's an upsell, you would each receive two cruise credits. At the end of that cruise, you'd have five cruise credits and would be Platinum on your next cruise.

I think it would be worth doing as long as the price isn't too great. Both of you would get 250 free Internet minutes on your 10-day cruise, plus you'll get to enjoy the suite for three nights and breakfast for suite passengers at Sabatini's twice. In addition, you can enjoy the evening spread for Platinum, Elite, and suite passengers on your 3-day cruise.

Actually, upsells are not eligible for two credits. You can ask and they may give them but they are not obligated to do so. I've attached a link to a thread posted here recently with a quote from the email I received from Princess regarding credit and our upsell to a suite.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2078862

Edited by MickeyGD

we are moving to Platinum on our next cruise. will the free 250 internet min. automatically be given to us - or do we have to request them in advance? thank you

Automatic, credited when you first sign in to your account and specify the free-minutes package.

Have you already met the requirement for Platinum or do you mean you will reach it on the next one?

If you have met the requirement you should get the internet credit automatically. If you do not, see the Captain's Circle rep.

If you will complete the requriements for Platinum on this coming cruise, you will not be Platinum until the end of the cruise and you will not get the internet credit until the cruise after this one.