5 liter box wine Franzia corkage fee

Jerlyn

Well then how do people bring a case on board? I thought I said it right. One for me and one for the other person. Then pay to get the other 4 bottles at the alcohol check in table, which would be $15.00 per bottle or $60.00.

What am I missing here?:confused:

I think the paying for more is the policy of another cruise line. On Carnival it is one (1) 750mL bottle per adult, no more.

We took an open bottle to the MDR, poured it ourselves into all of our glasses before our waiter even greeted us... I didn't think we were doing anything wrong...? Oh well, you can never win.

Well then how do people bring a case on board? I thought I said it right. One for me and one for the other person. Then pay to get the other 4 bottles at the alcohol check in table, which would be $15.00 per bottle or $60.00.

What am I missing here?:confused:

NCL, not Carnival. Only one bottle per adult, wine or champagne. You can contact Bon Voyage and pay as little as $26 for a bottle of wine, limit 2 per booking.

Sorry I am sailing with Princess this time I guess their rules are different and have a corkage fee. I hope I did not offend anyone. I guess I am just getting old it have been 9 years since my last trip and forgot it is Princess this time. 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Jerlyn

Sorry I am sailing with Princess this time I guess their rules are different and have a corkage fee. I hope I did not offend anyone. I guess I am just getting old it have been 9 years since my last trip and forgot it is Princess this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should probably post this on the Princess forum to get the correct answer

NCL, not Carnival. Only one bottle per adult, wine or champagne. You can contact Bon Voyage and pay as little as $26 for a bottle of wine, limit 2 per booking.

Only planning on ordering 2 bottles but did not realize there was a limit....my husband & I only drink wine & beer...

Only planning on ordering 2 bottles but did not realize there was a limit....my husband & I only drink wine & beer...

there is a limit at bon voyage but once you are in the ship, you can order from room service as much as you want... same prices

Wrong, Corkage fees have everything to do with opening the bottle and the "ceremony" that goes with it. If the bottle is not finished they will also store it and serve during another dinner. There is no fee for bring the wine on board as long as you don't bring it un opened to the MDR

Actually it seems to depend on the server in the dining room and on the people at the desk because I asked if I could bring an already opened bottle of wine into the dining room on my last cruise and they told me there would be a corkage fee. If you win a bottle of wine or champagne or are given one as a gift from the cruise line for any reason they will chill it for you and let you drink it in the dining room without charging any corkage fee.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Actually it seems to depend on the server in the dining room and on the people at the desk because I asked if I could bring an already opened bottle of wine into the dining room on my last cruise and they told me there would be a corkage fee. If you win a bottle of wine or champagne or are given one as a gift from the cruise line for any reason they will chill it for you and let you drink it in the dining room without charging any corkage fee.

Per Carnival policy, what you stated is correct. Consume is the key word. So technically, yes, one could be charged for bringing their own wine, even already in a glass, to the MDR, but will probably never happen because the MDR staff does not have the time to check to see if that wine was recently purchased from an outside bar.

"A $15 corkage fee per 750 ml bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room or steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)."

How is this any different from bringing in a glass of wine or any other drink from one of the bars? If you are drinking the wine that you legally brought on board, who cares? I doubt the MDR staff will care where it came from!

Seriously? You really don't know the difference? There's no problem with bringing a glass of wine from a bar because you purchased the wine from Carnival. Is that really that difficult a concept to grasp?

Carnival allows you to bring one bottle of wine on board to consume in your stateroom. Their beverage policy even states that if you want to consume that wine in a restaurant, they will charge you a $15 corkage fee. As others have already pointed out, the corkage fee has absolutely nothing with actually uncorking a bottle, it is the restaurant's charge for allowing you to drink your own wine rather than purchasing theirs.

Edited by MadManOfBethesda