Late dining or my time dining

Koolaid33

I have never sailed RC before and was wondering which time I should pick. On carnival I have always done late dinning but it also has worked for us to see shows and go to the comedy. I also like having the same wait staff every night. I don't think I would like to eat early as we like to take advantage of the sunshine.

Which would you prefer and why?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never sailed RC before and was wondering which time I should pick. On carnival I have always done late dinning but it also has worked for us to see shows and go to the comedy. I also like having the same wait staff every night. I don't think I would like to eat early as we like to take advantage of the sunshine.

You can choose My Time and still have the same wait staff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Each person feels different, but I always choose late dining because we like to be on the deck at sunset, and one thing we love about cruising is meeting people, and we like to make friends that we eat with each night. But you can also make friends with different people each night.

We just had MTD for the first time ever on the Liberty this week. We found the pros and cons to be everything that has been mentioned here. The scheduling worked very well for us in every possibly scenario: We made reservations 3 nights; once early (5:30), once late (8:30) and once missed our reservation (originally 6:30) by almost 2 hours and were still seated immediately. We were given the same table 2 nights in a row without asking. The 3rd night we requested to be moved. All 3 nights we requested to share a table but there was no one to share with so we ended up with a table for 2 each time. We did really miss the larger, shared table experience.

What time are the shows in the evening? We usually cruise with Celebrity and MD is timed round these. We have booked with RC for next August MTD and wondering if we need to prebook dining times in order to see the shows.

There's no reliable way to predict when the shows will be. They even vary somewhat from one sailing to the next on the same ship. We had pre-booked our times on-line prior to sailing and ended up cancelling and rearranging the day-of after we got the Compass. Reservations were NOT hard to get, even when requesting only a few hours in advance.

What time are the shows in the evening? We usually cruise with Celebrity and MD is timed round these. We have booked with RC for next August MTD and wondering if we need to prebook dining times in order to see the shows.

There's no reliable way to predict when the shows will be. They even vary somewhat from one sailing to the next on the same ship. We had pre-booked our times on-line prior to sailing and ended up cancelling and rearranging the day-of after we got the Compass. Reservations were NOT hard to get, even when requesting only a few hours in advance.

Thank you we will leave it until we board as we want to take advantage of the activities and having a preset time often means we miss things we would like to do