Website Dysfunction & Beverage Packages

pickbent

As we leave on Equinox this Dec. 12th, I've tried to get information on the celebrity website dealing with different beverage packages to make an appropriate selection. At same time I'm receiving e-mails from Celebrity inviting making both beverage and dining package selections. Problem is-try and enter inputs to the website and you get "website under construction" and even a dead end when trying to register using your booking ID#. What information is given up front on the site doesnlt even make sense as to prices stated. I've tried to call but given excessive waiting times, so given up as I've wasted far too much time oboth online and on the phone. this is inexcusable. As a wine lover, I particularly want to know the specific selection differences between the various packages. I've also sent e-mail inquiries-yet, no response!

Anybody else with this dismal service? Anybody that might have knowledge

on the classic vs. Premier wine packages?

I'll address the classic v. premium issue. If you like your wine, in a nutshell, upgrade to the premium package. With it, you can get wine per glass up to $13. A much better selection than classic. On top of that, if you prefer a more expensive wine, you will only pay the amount that exceeds the $13.

Also you get to consume a better quality of spirits if such is to your liking. Personnaly, I have always chosen the premium package because of these better choices, both in wine and spirits.

I wouldn't stress about the website issues, you can book whatever package suits you once you board the ship.

If you are mainly a wine drinker you may want select a wine package. On the ship you can see what your options are, ask questions of a live person & select the best package for you. Within 15 minutes, or less, of boarding you will have your beverage package and be set to enjoy your cruise.

I'll address the classic v. premium issue. If you like your wine, in a nutshell, upgrade to the premium package. With it, you can get wine per glass up to $13. A much better selection than classic. On top of that, if you prefer a more expensive wine, you will only pay the amount that exceeds the $13.

Also you get to consume a better quality of spirits if such is to your liking. Personnaly, I have always chosen the premium package because of these better choices, both in wine and spirits.

100% agree

You won't find a "precise" list for wine on either the Classic or Premium Alcohol Pkgs because availability can be effected to much across the fleet (everything from the vintage year... Thru to logistics like where the ship is in the world - Restocking / Consumption - and even down to regional preferences of the cruisers)

If you are a real wine lover and have the Classic Alcohol Pkgs (say thru a Booking Promo like 123Go or Pick Your Perk etc) then TANGOCHERIE is right, you most likely are going to want to upgrade to the Premium Alcohol Pkg to take full advantage of the wines by the glass offered aboard, and that fact that you can sample something beyond the Premium Level for just a few bucks

Mr Sloop is a real wine knowledgeable guy... He gets along just fine on the Premium Alcohol Pkg it allows us to drink better wines from around the world, plus everything else that the Premium includes (Bottled Waters - Soda Pop - Starbucks like Coffees & Teas - Fresh Juices - Smmothies - A large assortment of Beers - Cocktails - Fancy Martinis etc)

We have also found that if you are a wine lover and know a lot about wine & your preferences to talk wine with the Sommeliers. These guys & gals are truly excited when we meet a guest who is wine informed. Versus, people who just say "White - Red - Rose", which i am guessing is what they hear most often. We have discovered many great wines "suddenly appear" by the glass covered by our Premium Pkg when we have showed a real interest in wine.

Because of all this...

We have survived quite well on our Premium Bevvy Pkg

I would say that that would be the case for most wine lovers... Especially so of you got a Booking Promo that included the Classic Bevvy Pkg... Upgrading to Premium is really easy... By phone or onboard.

Now there are some who don't have a Bevvy Pkg, who prefer to pay as they go... Or buy a Wine Pkg (3 Bottles or more from a select list)

But we've managed quite well without that

AND remember... You are allowed to bring 2 x 750 ml bottles of wine aboard per cabin. You can open it in your stateroom free... Or if you take it with you to a venue Celebrity will charge you corkage

Personally, we make our 2 Bottles Bubbly (usually French Champagne) as that is where we find the best value. Means we can have a spot of bubbles for evening Sailaway / getting dressed for dinner... Or a late night under the stars toast before bed. Or in OJ for breakfast on the balcony (Room Service Mimosas are EXPENSIVE )

Sparkling / Champagne truly is the perfect "wine" ... Cause it can be drank around the clock !!

We bring a corkscrew, and a bubble stopper. And our Room Steward keeps our bottle on ice that is regularly topped up

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't prebook any wine package. I'd wait to get on the ship and see what's there.

if you get a classic or premium beverage package, you get discounts of up to 20% on bottles of wine. I find that this 20% discount will often outweigh the "package price" of the selections allowed within the wine packages, and let you go for some of the real good stuff should you desire to do so.

I considered a wine package on my TA, and was far happier buying it bottle at a time with my 20% discount. If you are Elite or above on X, you will also get coupons for bottle discounts should you NOT have a package. And it's often pretty easy to ask the sommelier after you know them for a kind gesture of a discount too, especially on higher valued wines after you've already had one or 2.

And as others said, there's no formal published wine list anywhere, as it's in constant flux, varies from ship to ship and cruise to cruise, so maintaining such a list would be maddening.

Sloop, really, I don't get the necessity of a Hubble stopper? ;)

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

Lol, in my non-vacation life I do not either

(there is NO SUCH THING as left over wine)

But when we cruise with a Brvvy Pkg there just are soooo many choices / options

We tend to crack open a bottle of Sparkling after being ashore while getting ready... After which we are off to Cocktails with Friends or Dinner (all covered under the pkg)

With a Bubble Stopper we are able to preserve the quality until next we sip her...

Sometimes that is a late night drink on the Balcony

Other times it is served up in a Mimosa (so nice not to ave to chance down this Bevvy so early in the AM even if you have a Bevvy Pkg)

Bubble Stoppers therefore for us are a cruise necessity, and a good investment at just a few bucks

http://www.amazon.com/Winco-CBS-1-Champagne-Bottle-Stopper/dp/B005I4GP3Y

For the record... We are wine snobs... Mr Sloop is working on his Sommelier papers... We believe in preserving the quality of a wine no matter how much you spent on it or when you serve it (Hence we have a couple of Bubble Stoppers & Vacuum Pumps in our Wine Gadgets collection)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB