Azamara charters

melgirl

I have been looking at Montreal to New Orleans charter on Quest in September 2016 run by a travel co and noticed that "soft drinks, speciality coffee and wine with lunch and dinner included". No mention of other included drinks. Makes me wonder what other changes occur on these charter cruises. Does anyone have any experience with this? I rang the company running the charter and got very little info at all. Tks for any advice.

The charterer is an Australian travel agent, they do produce brochures for their charters and that states that only soft drinks, speciality coffees and wine with lunch and dinner are included. Better not post a link but a quick Google search will find it.

I know a lot has been said about Azamara charters but they have charters for Silverseas, APT river cruises and we ourselves are contemplating a charter they have for Celebrity Eclipse next year.

From speaking with staff while on board, I was told that the charters never include the alcoholic beverages throughout the day that are normally included on Azamara. These all have to be purchased and are a good stream of extra revenue for the ship.

Thanks for your responses. We were on quest last year, so I was aware that a range of alcoholic drinks and wine were included,hence my surprise that they were excluded on a charter. We are looking at a club continent cabin, so I wonder if free access to the specialty restaurants is also excluded.

Thanks for your responses. We were on quest last year, so I was aware that a range of alcoholic drinks and wine were included,hence my surprise that they were excluded on a charter. We are looking at a club continent cabin, so I wonder if free access to the specialty restaurants is also excluded.

Hi Melgirl,

Good question, but specialty dining is not complimentary on scheduled sailings, unless you are in a Suite. At any rate, it's possible the charter company has made other arrangements with Azamara, so it's always best to check with the charter company, in situations such as this.

Hope this helps !

Melgirl, I checked the same thing with my travel agent last week; who contacted the charter company. While the base liquor package, usually available on Azamara cruises, is not provided, I was assured that the beverage packages could be purchased. However, as my agent did not ask the explicit question about the price of the beverage package, I don't have confidence that you can buy the $12.95 per day package. She also said that the dining packages could be purchased on board. She was unsure whether we'd get the Le Club Voyage benefits but did confirm we wouldn't be able to book this cruise while on-board in 2015 to take advantage of the LCV 5% booking discount. The charter is certainly an appealing itinerary but it's much more expensive than any other Azamara cruise we've done (double upgrades, 50% off 2nd person, free beverages).