Making Magic! Cruise Review Oct 19 - 26 2014

Shaded Lady

I'm FAMOUS!! I made it into somebody else's cruise review!!! :D

We had a great time!!!

Hey Sara! You're not just in my review, but one of the leaders of our roll call! It was great meeting all of you- it really added to our cruise! And without you it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun!

We were on the ship waiting to get off. At first we were all unaware of the oil spill. We thought we were delayed due to fog which was at first the problem but then we were informed of the spill. As the day wore on more and more boats appeared around us just waiting like we were. At first everything was closed on the ship but when it became obvious we weren't going anywhere they opened things up so we had things to do.

Getting off the ship that evening was a nightmare. We had a very difficult time making it to the Platinum waiting area and finally had to get a Carnival officer to assist us in moving people in the crowd. It was the most chaos we have experienced when getting off a ship.

Great review! I enjoyed reading your pre-cruise blog and your cruise review!! You guys sound like a fun couple to cruise with!! Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Thank you! We think we're fun, but if you ask my daughter she'd probably class us as boring to travel with!

We were on the ship waiting to get off. At first we were all unaware of the oil spill. We thought we were delayed due to fog which was at first the problem but then we were informed of the spill. As the day wore on more and more boats appeared around us just waiting like we were. At first everything was closed on the ship but when it became obvious we weren't going anywhere they opened things up so we had things to do.

Getting off the ship that evening was a nightmare. We had a very difficult time making it to the Platinum waiting area and finally had to get a Carnival officer to assist us in moving people in the crowd. It was the most chaos we have experienced when getting off a ship.

Unforgettable! But at least you can tell people 'I was on the Oil Spill Cruise!' And I know what you mean- there were so many issues with fog out of Galveston this year- it was a big reason why I avoided that time of year for our cruise!

So that's the end of the pre-cruise blog... I'll post the rest of the review, the cruise itself, later today and tomorrow... I promise, barring a tropical depression or an outbreak of Ebola I'll have it all done by then, for those of you who want to get this over with!

I don't sit and read many reviews, but this one I did. Thank you so much for taking your time our all of us fellow passengers , like me wi1l be on the Magic for 3rd or 4th time this summer/

Hey come join us !!!!!

To anyone who’s never been there, The Spot is fun, but a bit different than I was expecting! You order your food and drink then go have a seat. When your food is ready you’ll be paged and you go back to the pickup area and get your vittles… think Fuddruckers! I don’t know what I was expecting, and I thought it was going to be a bit of a pain, but actually it wasn’t all that difficult. And the shrimp po-boy was one of the best I’ve ever had!

We live about 30 minutes from Galveston and drive down to eat at the Spot a couple of times a year. They have wonderful burgers, onion rings & fried pickles!!

Thanks Davek- I'm not a professional writer, but I am an English major, so any mistakes are more likely typos than grammar!

The Spot was interesting, and after all turned out better than I expected... and everyone really liked the food!

DH is a Dave K too! I guess you guys just have to stick together! :D

With a name like that, it is inevitable that your DH is a genius.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...