First Caribe balcony

golfb4cruzing

Just back from eastern on Ruby and our first Caribe balcony. Yes it was bigger and partially covered but personally saw no fabulous benefit for just the 2 of us. On the way back, it was still total sunshine and too hot to be out there. But still better than the 3 inches of snow we came back to.

My friend and I just completed a cruise and had a Caribe balcony. We loved it!!! So much room. We didn't have issues with the new chairs and ottomans. I put a small pillow at the back and felt very comfortable. My friend didn't do that and had no issues. Our balcony still had the larger table and not the little table we have seen in some threads. We did have an afternoon where the balcony was totally in the sun. It was hot. We didn't mind as we had been up at the aft pool and the temperature was perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We enjoy the extra room, especially when there's some shade available for me. It's also great to have the extra space if you want to do an Ultimate Balcony Dinner. We enjoyed doing so twice. We'd like to do it on one of our upcoming cruises, but as of now we're still waiting for our cabin assignment. We booked a balcony guarantee and probably won't get one on the Caribe Deck.

We thought the adjustable chairs were fine but we had no foot stools. The deck below us ( we were Caribe) had 2 chairs, stools and a table. The cabin attendant said only suites had the stools. Wasn't a major deal but thought that was strange. I'm not on the balcony that much to need the extra room. The wife enjoyed it reading her book but she does the same on a regular balcony. In April, our balcony is on the Lido deck and I think that's a better location because of a mobility issue.

We thought the adjustable chairs were fine but we had no foot stools. The deck below us ( we were Caribe) had 2 chairs, stools and a table. The cabin attendant said only suites had the stools. Wasn't a major deal but thought that was strange.

That's wrong.