Emerald Princess Still In Houston

R&S

EP on the way back would look for it to show up on vessel tracking around 3:00 AM Sunday moring. Galveston around 4:00 if on time dock side 6:30 AM. Hope they have tub boats on stand by. Weather front comming though Sat night into Sunday AM. Nor Jewel back Sat AM.

Round 2. Will be watching our turn will be round 4 Dec 7.

Edited by Beermam42

EP should be dock side at 7:30 AM CST weather clearing. Today they should be able to get in and out without a problem. At least as far as weather goes.

Bayport web cam is up and running again after being out for a time yesterday.

Nice morning with sun coming up behind ship and it make it's way into the terminal.

Two week will be watching form my hotel room in La Porte Tx my turn.

Watching the vessel tracking this morning it looks like Emerald Princess had to slow down / wait at the main ship channel for other traffic to clear the narrow channel into the Bayport terminal. As they were approaching the junction with the channel to the Bayport terminal tracking showed 5 other ships in the narrow channel, 3 outbound and 2 inbound.

Corps of Engineers has given the "go ahead" to increase the width of the Bayport channel another 100', increase the depth to 45'. Dredging will take about 18 months to complete.

Fully qualified should have thought this one out in the first instance.

In the mean time they have inconvenienced Princess and its thousands of passengers.

Yes I was one of those dreaming of seeing Space Centre.In the end we only had 45 minutes there due to the long delay in docking.Thank you Port of Houston a little bit late now for many of us.:mad:

Fully qualified should have thought this one out in the first instance.

In the mean time they have inconvenienced Princess and its thousands of passengers.

Yes I was one of those dreaming of seeing Space Centre.In the end we only had 45 minutes there due to the long delay in docking.Thank you Port of Houston a little bit late now for many of us.:mad:

And - I guess no one manages/schedules port channel traffic.

We sailed on mariner out of Galveston also feb 2013 ordered champagne as well it was in our room when our room was ready ... Non of this makes sense at all ... All the bars were open and were serving anything u wanted ... As a matter of fact they were walking around putting extra shots in people's glasses

That is the opposite of our Mariner of the Seas experience out of Galveston in November 2012. The cupcakes and some other items I pre-ordered for my sister's family were in the room...everything except the champagne. My dad and my room also did not have the champagne. When I inquired at Guest Services, they let me know they would deliver it the next day. Maybe the brand I ordered was different than you and that brand was not one they had purchased from TX Distributors?

That said, all bars were open as normal. They did not advertise that they were limiting any liquors so maybe what you were ordering was one of the brands they had for sale. I know my husband ordered Basil Hayden's and another whiskey which they told us they could not serve until after sail away due to the laws. He was able to have Jack Daniels. I had a daiquiri which was no problem but I couldn't have Miller Lite, only Bud Light until we sailed.

Arrived at the port at 12:00 sitting in the dining room at 1:00 easiest check in I have ever had.

That's refreshing to hear! We're sailing in February and I am anxiously awaiting reviews and stories of this cruise season.

Enjoy your cruise!!

We sailed twice on the Norwegian Sea out of the previous Houston cruise port (a little north of where the current port is). They had no problems on any of their sailings that I know of. But it WAS a much smaller ship.

We sailed out of the old terminal at Barbours cut 4 times, once on the NCL Star in July 1997(first ship they had there), then on the NCL Sea early January 2000 and then on the Big Red Boat in June 2000 and the Royal Olympic Explorer in June 2001.

We had 2 problems. The NCL Sea was delayed arriving due to fog (about an 8 hour delay) in January 2000.

The Big Red Boat sunk a tug helping it to dock. The tug got sucked into the propellers and got chewed up. It limped over to the side and sank. The cruise line went belly up shortly after that.

The other 2 cruises went off without a hitch.

Our only Bayport experience on the Caribbean Princess had a delayed embarkation (3pm) and departure (8pm) due to fog. On the return they tried to beat a storm and headed in early, but got hung up by fog. We finally docked around noon and got off around 3pm.

Can't wait to see what is in store for us on January 18th on the Emerald. We are prepared for anything!

Ship late departing again, but you cannot leave when you are waiting for fuel barge to finish. Barge pulled away 5:26 PM now they have to fit into traffic to go out channel. Gee Olie this any way to run a cruise line?

Edited by Beermam42

Ship pulled out of slip stopped back in and is sitting there. 3000 people on there Thanksgiving Cruise being messed with. Someone has lost control. Dec 7 will be our first cruise on Princess may be only one. They can move to Galveston and run Monday to Monday. The Nor Jewel came in yesterday bad weather, on time and departed on time.