Emerald Princess Still In Houston

R&S

Emerald Princess was an hour late arriving to port Sunday morning because of one heck of a storm during the night. Our cabin was on the back of the ship and the wind coming across our balcony sounded like a tornado roaring past. At 12:26AM the ship listed HARD throwing glasses, ice buckets etc off of the wet bar. Ship listed again even further a few minutes later and stayed like that for a good 5 minutes throwing everything off the cabinets this time. The Captain certainly had his hands full last week with the rough seas and weather. Our safety was his main concern throughout the trip.

Another concern was the large group on board the ship. They basically took over both of the adult pools and unless you wanted to see large, hairy men hugging, rubbing and kissing each other - you were out of luck for any pool time. There was no where to go to enjoy the ship without men hanging on each other, kissing, etc. Our once a year vacation was basically ruined and we spent majority of our time in our cabin. If we had known this group was going to be on the ship last week - we would have rescheduled our vacation. Princess might think about notifying passengers when a large group is going to be on the ship so that families with small children can make the decision of exposing their children to certain things. Felt really bad for the small children on board and their parents. :(

Sorry to here your trip was ruined. You are scond posting that has mention the large group. Have schedualed vacations to WDW and been notified by Disney that the week we will be there a special interest group going to be in attendance, it is xxx week.

We cruise on the Emerald this Friday. Looking forward to two weeks of pure cruising bliss. Haven't been on the Emerald for a couple of years. Looking forward to it. Weather happens. Rude people with disgusting personal habits happen. Get over it!

Another concern was the large group on board the ship. They basically took over both of the adult pools and unless you wanted to see large, hairy men hugging, rubbing and kissing each other - you were out of luck for any pool time. There was no where to go to enjoy the ship without men hanging on each other, kissing, etc.

I was on this same cruise and seen very little public displays of affection from this group of very polite men. Yes, there was many of them, but it was never uncomfortable. Not sure what pools you were trying to visit as many times i walked past the 2 pools in the middle of deck 15 they were empty, as well as one on the back of ship.

Sorry to here your trip was ruined. You are scond posting that has mention the large group. Have schedualed vacations to WDW and been notified by Disney that the week we will be there a special interest group going to be in attendance, it is xxx week.

At least Disney notified you and gave you that option - we were not informed period and because of that - many amenities aboard the ship were not available to us and the other passengers on board unless we wanted to be in the middle of a bunch of 300 pound hairy men rubbing all over each other. My husband had several try to flirt with him so I ended up having to guard him anytime we went out. Noticed other wives doing the same. It was like their intent was to see how much shock factor they could throw out there for the other passengers - some of which were under 10 years of age witnessing it. This was no small group either - 440 men. Princess should have given us the option of changing our travel plans.

Another concern was the large group on board the ship. They basically took over both of the adult pools and unless you wanted to see large, hairy men hugging, rubbing and kissing each other - you were out of luck for any pool time. There was no where to go to enjoy the ship without men hanging on each other, kissing, etc. Our once a year vacation was basically ruined and we spent majority of our time in our cabin. If we had known this group was going to be on the ship last week - we would have rescheduled our vacation. Princess might think about notifying passengers when a large group is going to be on the ship so that families with small children can make the decision of exposing their children to certain things. Felt really bad for the small children on board and their parents. :(

Sounds a little homophobic to me.

We cruise on the Emerald this Friday. Looking forward to two weeks of pure cruising bliss. Haven't been on the Emerald for a couple of years. Looking forward to it. Weather happens. Rude people with disgusting personal habits happen. Get over it!

You are captured on board it is not fair to put people into that situation without making them aware. If you have a passport you can get off first port and fly home. I am sure when all these report circulate around the social media there will be a lot of questions asked to many TAs. The fact that a group took over whole sctions of the ship, no matter who they are is a problem.

At least Disney notified you and gave you that option - we were not informed period and because of that - many amenities aboard the ship were not available to us and the other passengers on board unless we wanted to be in the middle of a bunch of 300 pound hairy men rubbing all over each other. My husband had several try to flirt with him so I ended up having to guard him anytime we went out. Noticed other wives doing the same. It was like their intent was to see how much shock factor they could throw out there for the other passengers - some of which were under 10 years of age witnessing it. This was no small group either - 440 men. Princess should have given us the option of changing our travel plans.

ROFLMAO , funniest thing I have read all day :D thanks for the laugh !

Two things to note -

One, large groups can be a problem regardless of the nature of their members, as their tendency is to congregate. So lines should put out notifications of 200+. They do NOT have to specify the nature of the group, there are all kinds of groups that can offend all types of people. (Personally, the dreaded 'Brazilian Tour Group' scares me way more than a lifestyle group). And of course, any group can be good or bad depending on the temperament of their members (shared a ship once with a very religious group, 95 percent of which were great, but 5 percent drove everyone on board crazy until they were literally threatened with being left at a port by the Staff Captain)

Two, unless they book space for events, Princess may not always be aware of large groups. Some TAs can book large blocks of rooms on a given ship, advertise it as a package, but Princess only sees the room block, not what it is being used for. So for a group in the 100-200 range especially, Princess may not be able to notify.

Is your husband a 300 pound hairy man, which made him an attraction? The key words in your posts are about notifying before the cruise. How would anybody know how a group is going to look or act before the cruise? Would Princess want to deal with a discrimination lawsuit? Personally, I would like to be notified when a large group of Cruise Critic members will be on board.

On board ship.

Maybe Princess should put in writing any sexual explicit behaviour in public areas is not to be tolerated.Warning will be given.

Or maybe as a suggested guideline and then they could enforce it the same way they do dining room attire.

Two things to note -

One, large groups can be a problem regardless of the nature of their members, as their tendency is to congregate. So lines should put out notifications of 200+. They do NOT have to specify the nature of the group, there are all kinds of groups that can offend all types of people. (Personally, the dreaded 'Brazilian Tour Group' scares me way more than a lifestyle group). And of course, any group can be good or bad depending on the temperament of their members (shared a ship once with a very religious group, 95 percent of which were great, but 5 percent drove everyone on board crazy until they were literally threatened with being left at a port by the Staff Captain)

Two, unless they book space for events, Princess may not always be aware of large groups. Some TAs can book large blocks of rooms on a given ship, advertise it as a package, but Princess only sees the room block, not what it is being used for. So for a group in the 100-200 range especially, Princess may not be able to notify.

I must say this thread has taken a turn :(- My 82 year old mother and I will be on the EP next week - and believe me we would BOTH rather have 400 Men rubbing oil on themselves and having a good time than 100 Religious folk trying to sway our views!

I must say this thread has taken a turn :(- My 82 year old mother and I will be on the EP next week - and believe me we would BOTH rather have 400 Men rubbing oil on themselves and having a good time than 100 Religious folk trying to sway our views!

Amen!! [emoji2]

Pondering this...

I hate to put it bluntly but in most cases, if you are offended by anyone's actions that do not affect you directly, the issue is you, not them.

In that vein, being annoyed at public areas being monopolized...Fair.

Being annoyed at PDAs (assuming of a level that would be tolerated anywhere else) regardless of gender...Not fair.

Just got home from the Emerald Princess cruise Nov 16-23 and By far and away the worst trip I've ever taken.

Left a day late-and due to that missed first port-Rescheduled missed that port due to waves.. canceled excursions in Belize due to rain the previous day, had sun 1 port day at Cozumel, but OUR excursion was cancelled.. Food (except the last night) was fair at best..Even lobster night..if I was even at a red lobster I would have sent it back. At horizon court- only 1 day did I get even "decent" service.The rest of the time it was nonexistent.

The shows we saw were ok but not WOW.. and overall for the $$$$ we paid..very disappointed in Princess!

:mad::confused::eek: