Buffet Lines

If you go at peak times I suppose the wait could be that long, but we time it to get there either earlier or later to avoid that. Another option is to go to the dining room for breakfast and/or lunch. It is open seating, seldom a wait, and the food is very good.

John

...40 minutes is a VERY long time. I've stood on some long lines with a tray in my hands (especially upon boarding, when people tend to "pile it on" like they haven't eaten in a week!) but never more than 15 minutes. Anything longer than that, some pizza or room service starts to look real good!

...The buffet lines tend to be longer when they first start serving. Give yourself 20-30 minutes after the buffet starts to let the herd move on and the line will be much shorter. ...Hope this helps...

Sorry y'all had such a long wait. I have all three meals each day in the dining room....NO lines, and the food is wonderful, great variety, and I guess I just like being pampered at each meal.:) Also, you can have espresso or cappuccino in the dining room.

Is the Dining room open on port days for breakfast and lunch. I am booked for the Destiny in Dec with 4 ports. The only other cruise I have been on was on Celebrity, and I seem to remember the Dining room being closed on port days.

On the Victory the only line that was 40 minutes long was the lineup for the Midnight Gala Buffet where everyone got in line and took pictures and then returned to that same line to eat..

Otherwise the average line was 10 minutes at most at peak times..

Archived