Priscilla, Beatles, Burn on EPIC

Cruiser Bruiser

My lingering question is whether there are going to be any changes to Cirque Dreams, Howl at the Moon and/or Legends in Concert. I would be highly amused if the Beatles venue is actually a replacement for the Spiegel Tent, for example. Time will tell.

My guess would be that Burn the floor will displace Legends in Concert.

You're right that there will be a period from April through early October where offerings will be in flux. However, than can happen on other ships, as well, do to a change in production casts, especially on repositioning cruises. Usually the cruise director fills in with extra comedians or musical performers.

That said, something like Burn the Floor isn't really offered on Epic right now, so in that sense it's an added bonus. Priscilla Queen of the Desert is the replacement for BMG. Since it will be a 90-minute version of a Broadway show, that's a fair trade. The Beatles show is almost certainly a replacement for Fat Cats, and I think it's an upgrade, too.

My lingering question is whether there are going to be any changes to Cirque Dreams, Howl at the Moon and/or Legends in Concert. I would be highly amused if the Beatles venue is actually a replacement for the Spiegel Tent, for example. Time will tell.

Thanks for the reply........I wasn't sure I was reading it correctly! :o

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Priscilla, Queen of the Desert...looks like a lot of fun to me! I don't mind dancing, but DH isn't bothered so Burn the Floor won't appeal.....it didn't when we were on the Getaway, but it sounds like it will be different again on the Epic...which is good! :)

I LOVE the Beatles, so think that will be fab! And agree with you......it would be funny if the Beatles venue was the Spiegel Tent!!

I just hope that the entertainment....whatever it may be......is as good as our last Epic trip in 2012, and not lacking because NCL are in the middle of changes. Again, only time will tell.

I just read this http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/legendary-liverpool-cavern-club-takes-8131005

and it says that they will take out a blues and jazz club and recreate the Cavern in that space.

Edited by meltingmoments
Adding extra info :)

With the new line up announced, how does that impact the Cirque show and Second City? For sure BMG is out.. are those acts out as well? We are booked on the Oct 11th sailing, right after the refit. The Second City shows are getting really tired ..time for something new and fresh there. But we were looking forward to Cirque dinner show. (BMG is a blast by the way... we saw it twice in Boston.)

Lucky you. You will be one of the first folks to know for sure. Europeans (according to stereotype) love the circus, and since Cirque Dreams isn't language specific, it seems likely Norwegian will keep it. Part of me wonders if Burn the Floor isn't a replacement for Legends, but that doesn't really make sense because everyone loves American pop music, right? We could go crazy thinking about it, but we want to know! :p

Haha! ;) I did a little sleuthing and found some details about the location of the Cavern Club venue. Quote "During Norwegian Epic’s refit next September and October we will take out a blues and jazz club venue and recreate the Cavern in that space."

The entire article if you are interested.....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/legendary-liverpool-cavern-club-takes-8131005

Haha! ;) I did a little sleuthing and found some details about the location of the Cavern Club venue. Quote "During Norwegian Epic’s refit next September and October we will take out a blues and jazz club venue and recreate the Cavern in that space."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/legendary-liverpool-cavern-club-takes-8131005

Lol....that was the bit I added to my previous post. We've been reading the same article! :)

Well done! Now we just have Cirque and Legends to wonder about. And since Norwegian seems to be making Epic "Europe's Ship," like Breakaway (New York) and Getaway (Miami), I wonder if there will be new hull art? The refit in France sounds like it might be a little more extensive than normal? But that might just be wishful thinking! ;)

So my understanding is that burn replaces legends next April and runs alongside BMG for the Summer season until she goes into dry dock.

After dry dock Priscilla replaces BMG, Fat cats becomes the Cavern with the Beatles tribute band playing most nights like they did this year in the med.

We don't have 2nd city in the med. They aren't recognised and the couple of times I saw them weren't really funny and kept improvising random us ppl most of the passengers never heard of!!

I'm sure there will be a few more changes in store ;)

Completely agree with you. I love Priscilla! It's a lot of fun. I'm on the 12/14/14 Epic cruise and I'm looking forward to BMG though. I've NEVER seen it but mostly only heard great things about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think I've seen you on Roll Call!!! Hop to it, if you haven't!!!

So my understanding is that burn replaces legends next April and runs alongside BMG for the Summer season until she goes into dry dock.

After dry dock Priscilla replaces BMG, Fat cats becomes the Cavern with the Beatles tribute band playing most nights like they did this year in the med.

We don't have 2nd city in the med. They aren't recognised and the couple of times I saw them weren't really funny and kept improvising random us ppl most of the passengers never heard of!!

I'm sure there will be a few more changes in store ;)

Yes to everything except, I'm fairly certain BMG's last performance aboard Epic is March 29. That notice was attached to my BMG booking for the forthcoming December 7 sailing. So, there will be a bit of an entertainment gap for about 6 months.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

I am so excited. 😃 We are booked on the 10/11 sailing and have been on the Epic three times already. When I found out the ship would be in dry dock right before our Iberian Peninsula trip I posted on the boards that I was really hoping they might change the entertainment. Great news!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Replacing BMG and Second City is a positive move. Some people like BMG and that is cool. For me, I find BMG is the type of show you want to see once in your life so that you feel reassured your not missing anything by avoiding it in the future. Seeing for free is a good way of taking part in the BMG Experience.

I am disappointed to see the Jazz club disappear. When they had a decent Jazz group in there that was one of the highlights of the cruise. However it sounds like the EPIC is going to have an interesting venue to take its place.

What would also be nice is if the EPIC had a lecture series on each of the ports. Good be delivered by a staff member instead of a history expert. That was one of the nice things about the cruse director that use to be on the Jade.

What would be good is to keep the circus but perhaps change the story behind the performance.

Whilst agreeing with the post about changing things after 5 years,my original point is still valid.If you sail on Epic between end of April and October next year (and I will) entertainment options will be less(and therefore you are getting a diminished experience for the same cruise fare).Why not keep BMG until Priscilla is ready or bring Priscilla forward?

Whilst agreeing with the post about changing things after 5 years,my original point is still valid.If you sail on Epic between end of April and October next year (and I will) entertainment options will be less(and therefore you are getting a diminished experience for the same cruise fare).Why not keep BMG until Priscilla is ready or bring Priscilla forward?

I agree! We sail in August, and it does look as though entertainment options will be fewer! :confused:

But I'm sure all will be revealed in good time......and I'm sure we'll still have a blast! :)

I'm guessing that Norwegian had to negotiate an end date and BMG wanted to end the show sooner. Of course that's a guess. I would anticipate, though, that there will be some additional filler entertainment. The whole mega-ship model depends on spreading folks out over multiple venues. If there aren't choices for folks to make, the remaining venues would be overcrowded.

My travel buddy just withdrew from our British Isles cruise on Star, so I booked the October 11 Iberian Peninsula sailing on Epic instead. Got to say, the new entertainment offerings were a factor in my decision making. Plus I will still get to spend a few days in the UK (if not the fortnight I was anticipating) and do the classic sailing out of Southampton.

I hope Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert launches on time! Airline tickets were just purchased with miles, so no going back. :p

HI all!

Love this new info & changes to come as I've been on Epic 3 times so look forward to something new. I've booked for next Christmas to Morocco & the Canary Islands.

BMG wasn't really my cup of tea but I did go twice just to make sure, lol. Now the Beatles are from my era so look forward to that show. Hope they don't make big changes to the Epic, I liked it just the way it was.

~ Jo ~ :)

• 1 month later...
I guess there were always going to be changes with the refit of Epic, but as that is not till the Autumn effectively Blue man Group is being replaced by Burn the Floor and the 2 other new entertainment options won't happen until after the refit.Having booked a cruise in May on Epic I was looking forward to BMG (and so was my daughter).Don't see why they couldn't have kept BMG on until the refit and this suggests Epic will be a little lighter on entertainment next Summer season, which seems rather unfair on those sailing pre-refit.

We're looking at a July sailing and was disappointed that all these new entertainment options aren't going to be in place. The replacement shows are staggered from spring until fall.

We're looking at a July sailing and was disappointed that all these new entertainment options aren't going to be in place. The replacement shows are staggered from spring until fall.

Your complaint is understandable. Your consolation, perhaps, is that prices on Epic are super, super low. And as I said above, I think Norwegian will have to add some filler entertainment during the transition, as they have to spread folks out among the various venues across the ship. 4,000 people just won't fit in Shakers and Malting's. :p

Your complaint is understandable. Your consolation, perhaps, is that prices on Epic are super, super low. And as I said above, I think Norwegian will have to add some filler entertainment during the transition, as they have to spread folks out among the various venues across the ship. 4,000 people just won't fit in Shakers and Malting's. :p

Our sail date is NOT super, super low in price. In fact it's $400/pp more than we paid last July. We're on the April 12th....last Caribbean cruise. So we are def disappointed we'll have LESS entertainment, and price is too high to cancel/rebook with new promotion. Yup, I'm a little grumpy. LOL We'll have a great time regardless but we were looking forward to BMG as it was expected they would be on our cruise.