Excursion Promo Code!

pinniped71

To attach a lack of integrity to the use of a coupon code is just silly. The code is active - for whatever reason - so why not use it?

It's entirely possible that Carnival has reactivated the code.

For the people who had difficulty with the code, make sure you hit the "apply" button for the discount to populate.

I can confirm it works as well -- cancelled my excursion, rebooked using the code and got 10% off.

Comparing the use of a coupon code to stealing a car or from a bank is quite a stretch!

I work next to a programmer who said Carnival likely reactivated the code and just didn't advertise that it is working again -- they never advertised it anyway, most of us found out about the codes online or in these forums. That would explain why it suddenly showed up after being inactive for months. And just because the customer service reps don't know about it doesn't mean anything -- half of those same reps can't explain the Cheers program, or give conflicting information about the costs.

I can confirm it works as well -- cancelled my excursion, rebooked using the code and got 10% off.

Comparing the use of a coupon code to stealing a car or from a bank is quite a stretch!

I work next to a programmer who said Carnival likely reactivated the code and just didn't advertise that it is working again -- they never advertised it anyway, most of us found out about the codes online or in these forums. That would explain why it suddenly showed up after being inactive for months. And just because the customer service reps don't know about it doesn't mean anything -- half of those same reps can't explain the Cheers program, or give conflicting information about the costs.

Misinformation! The code WAS advertised and it was targeted towards specific sailings through email. If the code was reactivated, it wouldn't be hit or a miss depending on the date or time. It would simply work for all. The code expired in 2012. There is more to the story, most likely poor web development.

bc68c117b7451cd025f2ed5a7dc1e7c4.png

Sorry about that. I never got those emails, but I've used the codes repeatedly over the years and they've always worked.

I still find it odd that it would magically turn itself back on after months of inactivity.

Oh well, I saved 10% and feel fine about it!

I know that code has been around forever , I used it a LONG time ago then they deactivated . They reactivated or wouldn't work again. They are just trying to sell some more excursions that's all plain and simple.

I think the previous codes expired 7/31/12. Nice to see them again.

I am sorry that this has turned into such a negative post. I was simply trying to help my fellow cruisers save some of their hard earned $$. To the person who is questioning my character and integrity, you do not know me. You have no idea what my character and integrity are like so do not question them.

To those that had success with the code, AWESOME! To those that did not, I am sorry!

BRAVO!!.....and Kudos to YOU for being so kind and helpful. All that had success with the code THANK YOU!!

As to character and integrity, I always ignore the "Holy Rollers" who generally profess to be such upstanding folks.....most of the time it is a cover and the other way around.....LOL!! Thanks again Pinniped71

I'm going to ROTFLMFAO on the first thread I read where someone doesn't receive their purchased excursion ticket on the ship because they used a known invalid discount code.

You all know beyond a reasonable doubt that you're in the wrong here. If it works,,, so be it. If your excursion gets canceled. Don't get mad, just smile inwardly and just say,,, eh, they got me.

This is no different than if you go to the bank and see an extra $100 in your account. You know it's not your to take. You know it's a mistake.

If the excursion shows up in your cruise docs, then I guess it was valid.

I'm going to ROTFLMFAO on the first thread I read where someone doesn't receive their purchased excursion ticket on the ship because they used a known invalid discount code.

You all know beyond a reasonable doubt that you're in the wrong here. If it works,,, so be it. If your excursion gets canceled. Don't get mad, just smile inwardly and just say,,, eh, they got me.

This is no different than if you go to the bank and see an extra $100 in your account. You know it's not your to take. You know it's a mistake.

Here's my less negative take on things..the code is out there, if they wanted it NOT to work they have the capacity to make it so. It is however working and I've paid for my four excursions for the fam and printed out copies of where I purchased it. If they choose not to honor it I'll pay the extra 20 bucks I saved and continue on my merry way. Do I think we are wrong? No ...it was a code created to be used on excursions obviously it has NO expiration date and is still working..I'd say you have to honor it. But I'm not going to wig out if it doesn't happen.:rolleyes:

Here's my less negative take on things..the code is out there, if they wanted it NOT to work they have the capacity to make it so. QUOTE]

I'm guessing when Boris and Natasha hack into your accounts, steal all of your money and steal your identity,,,, that's OK.

What's the big deal? the codes are out there. If "they" whoever "they" are wanted to make computers less capable of attack they would?

This whole thread is a microcosm on todays society.

It has already been established by some very smart people that the intent of this particular code expired in 2012.

For some reason, it appears that a mistake has taken place in cyberspace and the code still works. Does that mean the author of the code "intends" for the code to still be valid? Maybe, but maybe not.

I'm thinking the reason why some (damn near everyone) feels it's ok to continue using the code is because we're really not stealing from any one person face to face. It's just a discount code. It's just a multi billion dollar corporation. That makes it OK. Does it really?

I may have family members who work and have jobs that they depend on with that multi billion dollar corporation. My 401K or pension plan may depend on the profitability of that multi billion dollar corporation.

I find it interesting that because I attempt to say that I feel it's wrong to use any code that was not directly marketed to me, that I'm the bully. I'm the pompous one.

Yea because using a discount code that the business put out there for the purpose of saving customers money is the same as hackers stealing someone's identity. Great comparison. Obviously Carnival had the code and deactivated it and have reactivated it recently. Not even close to us "stealing" from them. Ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk