Allure, Liberty, or Freedom???

lt9921

Hello everyone! I've been reading these boards and know a lot about Royal, but haven't posted yet!

I have a few cruise options for 2015 and I wanted to get some more opinions:

These two trips would be sometime around Easter:

7 Night Allure Western Caribbean

Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel

We wanted to try to get on Allure before the introduction of Dyanmic Dining, but am just a little worried because we really like Royal's smaller ships because of the service and food, so am a little worried that these two things will be lacking on Allure?

7 Night Freedom Western Caribbean

Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Looks like Freedom will be having a dry dock in January, but Dynamic Dining could be added.. If it is, I'd prefer to not sail her at this time. But on the flip side, a totally refurbished ship…

This trip would be in the summer:

9 Night Liberty Bermuda & Caribbean

Bermuda (never been there before!), St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee

Looks like a pretty good itinerary, longer cruise, and sails out of NJ, so no flying for us. However, does the ship look dated?

Not really worried about the price at this time, but Allure comes out to be the most expensive option (but not by that much). With all that said, which would you choose? Thank you in advance for any replies!!

Edited by lt9921

All three are fantastic ships. You can't lose. I would always take the longer cruise so the 9-day Liberty gets my vote. Plus as you said, you will not have to fly to the port.

And I love Horseshoe Bay Beach in Bermuda.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Personally I would go with Freedom as there would only be two sea days and spend a few days prior at Universal. The liberty cruise would have 4 sea days which would be way too many for me. If you like the sea days though, the liberty cruise would make the most sense.

Personally I would go with Freedom as there would only be two sea days and spend a few days prior at Universal. The liberty cruise would have 4 sea days which would be way too many for me. If you like the sea days though, the liberty cruise would make the most sense.

We've never done a cruise with more than 2-3 sea days, but i don't think I'd mind it, after all, I'd be on a cruise!

The sea days would not be a deciding factor for me....what would be is having 2 extra days on the cruise in total. So my inclination would be to go on Liberty.

Liberty and Freedom are 'sister' ships, since they are both in the Freedom class. Allure is a totally different experience. I have cruised on Liberty and Allure, and those two extra days, if I could do it, would push me to book Liberty.

Thanks for all the replies. The only thing causing me to hesitate on the Liberty is the fact that it is in the summer. We usually like a March sailing, but it won't stop us from considering it.

What have been your experiences with the MDR (since we don't do specialty restaurants) on Allure compared to the smaller ships in the fleet? Is service/food worse because of the size of the ship?

Edited by lt9921