On the Crown: 28 Days in the S. Pacific and it Wasn't Bora Boraing

SailorJack

A Hawaiian couple boarded in LA and were with us for the trip. In addition to entertaining us with Hawaiian music in the Atrium, they taught Ukulele, dancing, and language. Unfortunately, I have forgotten their names, but they were also very good.

They are Kimo & Lokelina "Makani E", "Fair Winds Duo" and I thought they were wonderful. They were ever present around the ship doing all kinds of activities and performing in the atrium and Wheelhouse bar as well.

The picture that looks black and white is outstanding. Love it!

Thanks, me too! It is one of my favorites.

I agree!

It's breathtaking.

How did you do that???

Thanks, also. The camera did most of the work, but I did some editing on the color to get the total effect. I think it turned out kind of dramatic - not the typical picture you see of a south seas island.

They also had a couple that entertained us for several nights. I know you will find this absolutely amazing, but they actually had a few CD's that they were willing to sell!

They danced the flamenco.

16282661474_8c0ce72a1d_b.jpg

They belly danced (at least she did).

16903798732_101e135fb0_b.jpg

And they sang.

16282659884_895db8e408_b.jpg

They were actually quite talented and took time to speak to fans after their performance. Unfortunately, I did not save the dailies, so I do not have their name.

I'll never forget the night I went to bed early on the old Stella Solaris out of Barcelona. Had never heard a sound through the ceiling. Just nodding off when the flamenco dancing started. Hearing it and not seeing it emphasizes the precision footwork. I got a better show than my friends who saw it.

They are Kimo & Lokelina "Makani E", "Fair Winds Duo" and I thought they were wonderful. They were ever present around the ship doing all kinds of activities and performing in the atrium and Wheelhouse bar as well.

Thanks, I wrote their names down in my travel log so I have them now. They did a great job. They joined us on the roll call so we got to know them before they performed. They were very versatile and interacted with everyone. A good addition to the entertainment troupe.

Very nice! :)

Thanks!

I'll never forget the night I went to bed early on the old Stella Solaris out of Barcelona. Had never heard a sound through the ceiling. Just nodding off when the flamenco dancing started. Hearing it and not seeing it emphasizes the precision footwork. I got a better show than my friends who saw it.

I agree, the staccato of the heels on floor can be mesmerizing. I especially like to listen to the dancers when they do the pasodoble. Never sailed the Stella Solaris, but it looks like you have some good memories of it.

Jack

Hi Jack - Appears as though you've gone back to flickr for your pics. Ok, but seems to be you haven't resized them to fit into the CC criteria?? I'm finding that I have to scroll across the page to see the whole pic. Just me?? Not complaining.. just saying...

I just looked at my last post, and had to scroll across the screen to see the ending.... Is it just me??

Hi Jack - Appears as though you've gone back to flickr for your pics. Ok, but seems to be you haven't resized them to fit into the CC criteria?? I'm finding that I have to scroll across the page to see the whole pic. Just me?? Not complaining.. just saying...

Me, also.

It happened this afternoon.

Hopefully all will be fixed by tomorrow.

Sorry about that. I used the larger picture option on those two pictures because I wanted to see how they looked on a full screen. I just did it on the two pictures, not knowing that they would not show up that well on your screens. On my screen (24") it just showed up as a full screen picture - no scrolling required. I will downsize the photos and repost. Thanks for the input.

Jack

No need to repost those pics since it won't change the layout of this page.

Once we change to a new page everything will be back to normal.

I'm all for normal! I'm going to repost the two pictures so one doesn't have to scroll to see them, and it will help to get to the next page. I didn't realize that the big photos would screw up the entire page...live and learn I guess. I do appreciate your help.

16296058163_57c6791f17_b.jpg

16708738237_fe800aac33_b.jpg

I'm all for normal! I'm going to repost the two pictures so one doesn't have to scroll to see them, and it will help to get to the next page. I didn't realize that the big photos would screw up the entire page...live and learn I guess. I do appreciate your help.

16296058163_57c6791f17_b.jpg

16708738237_fe800aac33_b.jpg

Wow wow wow! This at the very tip top of my bucket list. Unfortunately it is somewhere around no. 387 of what I can afford at the moment. I'm hoping to get there for my 50th birthday. In 21 years. Yeah, 21 years. ;)

The approach to Moorea was quite awe inspiring - very impressive. Moorea has often been called the most beautiful island in the world. Based on our first view of it that claim would be hard to dispute.

16325062053_f0a880a10c_b.jpg

The harbor is just around the bend on the right.

16943799192_e669b6ab8f_b.jpg

Looking back out to sea from the harbor entrance. Not as dramatic, but we can't wait to dive into the almost perfectly clear water. This is a tender port so we will have to line up early!

16758906649_2bd154a21e_b.jpg

I'm really enjoying your report and photos. I have to keep looking at ours to compare, and try to recapture the moment. Wish I could post one or two here, but never got that far on CC.

Tendering in Moorea was a real mess for us since weren't Elit, and didn't have a Princess excursion booked. Waited quite a long time, as did others, and missed our private excursion. Ended up with 2 other couples from the planned excursion, and had one of our best snorkeling experiences ever.

We'd go back again in a heartbeat, but too many places on our bucket list.

Joanie

Wow wow wow! This at the very tip top of my bucket list. Unfortunately it is somewhere around no. 387 of what I can afford at the moment. I'm hoping to get there for my 50th birthday. In 21 years. Yeah, 21 years. ;)

If you can, don't put it off too long - by the end of the trip we were kicking ourselves for not having done it sooner. We have had some pretty spectacular cruises and this one was right up there with the best of them.

Jack

If you can, don't put it off too long - by the end of the trip we were kicking ourselves for not having done it sooner. We have had some pretty spectacular cruises and this one was right up there with the best of them.

Jack

:)

Well, I actually would like to do a Tahiti cruise for my 50th, but there don't seem to be any good options for the month of April. I can't take a month off work for a cruise, and the 10 nighters on Princess seem to be in the September - November time frame. Maybe I could celebrate 50 1/2 :D

Please excuse me for a moment, as I wipe a small tear of joy out of my eye...I have finally arrived at an island where the ladies wear grass skirts and coconut bras!

16768237259_3d136493ec_b.jpg

They welcomed us with smiles and a very nice dance routine. You can see the musicians in the background.

16953510301_9b372c8fd4_b.jpg

Unfortunately, Jill insisted we go on the tour we had signed up for so this is the last picture I was able to take...they were gone when we got back!

16332084704_b76901b2b7_b.jpg

I'm really enjoying your report and photos. I have to keep looking at ours to compare, and try to recapture the moment. Wish I could post one or two here, but never got that far on CC.

Tendering in Moorea was a real mess for us since weren't Elit, and didn't have a Princess excursion booked. Waited quite a long time, as did others, and missed our private excursion. Ended up with 2 other couples from the planned excursion, and had one of our best snorkeling experiences ever.

We'd go back again in a heartbeat, but too many places on our bucket list.

Joanie

You are more than welcome to post your pictures on this thread - I would like to see them.

We didn't have the tendering problem you did, but I am glad to hear that things worked out well in the end.

Jack